cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HarshitRawat
Level 8
There should be option to save a previous version of a process/ object from the version history. Right now we can just the view the previous saved instance by right clicking in the version history. but we are unable to edit or save it as a new process
8 Comments
TomCirone
Level 6
I upvoted because I think the UI is clunky on this and what you suggest is much better than what exists today. 

But in case you don't know you're able to click on two versions, right click->Compare.  Then, in the file menu you can export either version.
Hi Harshit,

Thanks so much for submitting your idea! We are moving it into the Under Consideration status while we route the idea through our internal review process. 

We will update you as your idea moves along the lifecycle.

Thank you!
Melanie 
Hi Harshit,

Just looking at this idea I think there's already a way to do this.

When viewing process/object history, you can open a previous version of the item by right clicking and selecting View. Once in View mode, it's possible to open the File menu and select "Save as", which will allow you to save the previous version as a new process/object.

There's a comment in this idea thread that says it would be good to be able to offer "Save as" on the same level as we offer "View"/"Compare", but I'm not sure this would be practical really as most of the time I would expect users to want to open the process/object to validate they'd selected the right one - though I'm open to hearing opinions on this one!

Let me know your thoughts - do you think this would work for you and, if so, do you think this idea is still needed?
HarshitRawat
Level 8
Hi Robert,
My bad. I didn't mention specifically that I want the option to Save or rather export  a previous version of a process/Object to the hardrive. The the option you mentioned View >> SaveAs just saves the process as a new process.

The idea behind it is that if i want to reset the process to a previous version, all i would have to do is to export the previous version and reimport it

Thanks for clarifying this Harshit - makes complete sense now.

Reading through the comments I can see that Tom has suggested a way of doing this with the UI today (using the compare tool and then exporting from within the compare tool), but regardless I think this idea stands on it's own, as the way you have to go about this today is a little convoluted!

HarshitRawat
Level 8
Thanks Robert for your views. Yes , i believe it would make it more easy to export the process and would save few clicks . I would eagerly wait for your response if this would be implemented later or not 🙂
HasanØzen
Level 1

I'øø hope they add this, as we can search in studio and find process/object quickly, then a right click should have an option to export.

The export functionality itself is ok, but when you have a library of +100 objects, and made changes to a few of them, it becomes so counter intuitive to export one by one, and you have to scroll to find the objects...

Hello @Harshit Rawat,

I have updated your idea to "Planned" and adjusted the linked product from "Blue Prism Product" to "Process Repository" as this idea will be delivered as part of this new component. For more information on the roadmap for Process Repository, please see the August 2022 roadmap webinar, available here.

Regards,
Rob