cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian_Hesse
Staff
Staff

Automated Workflow-to-Process Conversion – We literally have several thousand workflows that have been built over time. It will take forever to go through business process modernization initiatives to rewrite or replace these, and therefore it will take a long time until these business processes can benefit from the AWD Process automation capabilities. Sure there are Interop Services, but it will become unwieldy to manage full automation through this capability. What I would like to see is a tool that works something like this:
1. Select a BA/WT
2. Automatically reverse engineer all the status routing steps and UIs
3. Select a target BA/WT
4. Auto draw a process that depicts the original workflow (yes, I know there are hurdles and things to deal with here, but I have some suggestions)
5. Allow the admin to deploy the new process
a. Optional – Inherit Permissions form the original workflow
b. Replace BA/WT/STAT fields and Update button with Next Step

1 Comment
GingerRagona
Staff
Staff
This is a tough one. I think it would be great for those clients with a really high number of workflows... but there is so much value in designing the process flows and taking advantage of what's available. I am going to vote up but I would like to understand more what things will look like on the process side after its been converted from a workflow. Thanks!