cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PrakasamSubram1
Level 5
Blue Prism visual studio have an option to integrate with any source code repository such as SVN, TFS, GIT, etc  This features allow the developer work on parallel on the same process
8 Comments
JasonCech
Level 3
I'm adding my comment to this idea as I initially commented on what is now identified as a duplicate idea as to make sure all dialog is seen.

Currently, my solution (in theory as of posting this) is to have a upsert trigger in SQL Server which extracts the XML into a watched folder directory. When new files are created in this watched directory a command line is executed to do a commit and push to the git repo.  From there it is normal DevOps where upon a build task would call a CLI command to export a release and then subsequently import to the next environment.   Again, all in theory.

Anyway, here's to hopes that there is an option for an integration with an SCM platform.
Hi Prakasam,

Thanks so much for submitting your idea! We are moving it into the Under Consideration status while we route the idea through our internal review process. 

We will update you as your idea moves along the lifecycle.

Thank you!
Melanie 
PaulGlembocki
Level 1
Voted up. Agree, this is almost a necessity for large development teams/projects. Without the ability for multiple resources to work on a process together every project is done on a 1-to-1 ratio. Can't believe this doesn't exist and that it's taken this long to get this requirement considered. It's essential.
janp
Level 2
Also voted up. This is an almost necessary feature while working in bigger teams. Right now many problem can accure especially when multiple persons are working on the same process/business object or while doing hotfixes on prod. 
This would be also a major improvement for rollbacks. Although It's already possible to rollback a process or object to a previous version by opening the old version in comparison view, exporting and reimporting it, with a repository it would be much easier.
having an integration with a source code repository like GIT will be a massive step into a multi team enterprise environment.
inian
Level 4
Hi Melanie,

When will have the github integration with blue prism?. Any specific version the product team is targeting?

thanks,
Inian
inian
Level 4
Hi Melanie,

When will have the github integration with blue prism?. Any specific version the product team is targeting?

thanks,
Inian
Hello @Prakasam Subramani,

I have updated your idea to "Planned" and adjusted the linked product from "Blue Prism Product" to "Process Repository" as this idea will be delivered as part of this new component. For more information on the roadmap for Process Repository, please see the August 2022 roadmap webinar, available here.

Regards,
Rob