cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADDING 2 NUMBERS IN WINDOWS CALC USING COLLECTION

SuhasM
Level 3
I am trying to interact with windows calculator, I have spied the calculator app. I have fetched the data from a excel worksheet as a collection. Now i am writing the data into the calculator application. When I am trying to write the values into the calculator from the collection i am getting an error saying   

" Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Write Stage 'VALUE1' on page 'ADD' - Unable to find a valid pattern - required: ValuePattern"

Please do let me know how to resolve this issue.

Thank you
Suhas

------------------------------
Suhas M
11 REPLIES 11

KodiSrihari
Level 8
Hi @Suhas M ,

Could you re check the spied fields where you want to write values by identifying them.  ​

Thanks,

Srihari
RPA Developer

ManpreetKaur1
Level 8
Hi @SuhasM,

Instead of writing value using Write stage, did you try using 'Click' action using Navigate stage to perform the calculations. Suppose you want to perform 3*4 = 12 action, please follow the below steps:

1) Spy all the buttons e.g. 3,4,=,1,2,* etc.
2) Use 'Navigate' stage to perform Global Mouse click center ​to click button 3
3) Similarly use the Navigate stages for performing other actions and it should work.

Hope it helps in resolving your query

Manpreet Kaur
Manager
Deloitte

Hi Manpreet, the solution you have given makes the program static which makes it difficult if we want to calculate for n number of values. I am trying to achieve a dynamic method where in values are being fetched from an excel and written into the calculator application.

Suhas M

Hi Srihari , Yes I reidentified the fields but still I am facing the issue.

Suhas M

Hi @SuhasM

Just a simple question... why are you using the Windows Calculator instead of performing this with a Calculation Stage?

If you only want to performe calculations is more efficient to make this with out any external app I guess

See you in the community, bye 🙂

Pablo Sarabia
Architect
Altamira Assets Management
Madrid

Hi @SuhasM,

You can use 'Dynamic' property of the spied elements in order to make your solution dynamic. Attaching a snippet for your reference

32174.png
I have created a logic using Choice stage to pass the values as dynamic in ​UIA Name attribute ( I spied using UIA mode)
32175.png
Post that, using Calculation stage. setting the output in 'Value' variable

32176.png

32177.png
Hope it helps in resolving your query.

Manpreet Kaur
Manager
Deloitte

Hi Pablo, We are new to this technology and we are doing several tasks just to get used to this tech. Interacting with an windows application[calculator] was one among the several tasks we were performing hence we are using the windows calculator.

Thank you
Suhas

Suhas M

Hi @SuhasM

If is only an exercise, is perfect for practice as you said.

Just a simple tip for you in the future, when you want to create a robot you have two ways to perform this. First one is replicate the same steps as a human, this become in an inefficient processes. Or try to go beyond thinking the best way to make the task.

This is why I ask you why are you using the calculator 😄

Enjoy your RPA journey!

See you in the community, bye 🙂

Pablo Sarabia
Architect
Altamira Assets Management
Madrid

Hi Manpreet Kaur, your solution worked and it helped us a lot in solving the problem.

Thanks
Suhas

Suhas M