cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Multiple filter in pivot table

TejashriNevase
Level 4
Hii All,

I have to add multiple criteria to page field filter filters in the pivot table for that i am using Excel Extended VBO.
When i used multiple action it replace first criteria and add the new filter for pivot.
So how we can add multiple criteria to pivot filter field?

Thanks in advance.
32400.png

------------------------------
Tejashri Nevase
17 REPLIES 17

hii @devneetmohanty07
This is code stage i am using. I used the same as you show.
32231.png

Tejashri Nevase

Can you once show us the original table data that you are using and indicate which column do you need to apply filter on and what column number you are passing in the action as well?

Also, I would like to see the other parameter values as well such as criteria collection and sheet name.

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,

Hii @devneetmohanty07
I just change the input name as Column_Name And Pivot_Table_Name as Column Name and Pivot Table Name in your input. All I just follow all your instruction
32274.png

​And also copy your code as same.
I will share criteria collection . as I add field as 'Criteria Name' and add Two criteria.
32275.png

Tejashri Nevase

Hi @Tejashri Nevase,

Can you please show us the excel file with the original dataset not your pivoted data and also the column number value that you are passing as well with the information that you have shared so far?​

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty

Hi @devneetmohanty07,

I will work fine with the number criteria.but it throw the error when i pass the character in the criteria collection.
This is working fine.
32308.png
But when i pass the above criteria collection i got the same error as above.

Why this is happening.? Is there need to change the code for Character?

Thanks

Tejashri Nevase

Hi Tejashri,

I have checked with the characters as well and it works. You are passing the wrong column number most likely and hence this issue is coming up. Check the below results for your reference:

32333.png32334.png

As you can see in my pivot I made a small change where I am taking the Employee Name as a filter this time and passing the appropriate criteria for the same as well. But since I am taking employee name as a filter, my column position will change from 1 to 2 since it is the second column in my original worksheet:

32335.png

As you see here, my criteria values should consist of the values among the available values for that column in my original dataset for which I wish to put on the filter along with the column position also where it lies exactly. Since, I want to filter on Employee Name and that is the second column in my original dataset. I will provide the column position as 2 and values also will be among the values that are present in that column only.

Like I was saying before, you can show us the original data and the column number that you are passing for me to troubleshoot it for you.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty

Thank You soo much @devneetmohanty07, You solved my problem Actually i am passing the column number as in the pivot table. but we have to pass column number from original data.

Solved .
Thanks a lot.​

Tejashri Nevase

Glad it got solved for you Tejashri ! Do let us know in case of any issues or doubts you have in future. We are always happy to help you out.

Hope to see you more in the community and have a great day ahead 🙂

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty