cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foundation Consolidation Exercise

StefLachin
Level 2
Hello - can some one give me a clue (or the answer 🙂 ); I'm stuck on the first bit where you build the process; I keep getting an error on the Open Workbook action "Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation." which doesn't help much.
I have these entries for the data item:-
36852.png

And this for the action:-36853.png

Any help appreciated as I'm feeling a bit like I've fallen at the first hurdle...
Thanks,
Stef
Training edition 7.0.0
6 REPLIES 6

lookman
Staff
Staff
Hi Stef.

The first step is to create an instance. You are doing that and it works fine?

jack

StefLachin
Level 2
Thanks Jack
Yes, the instance comes up OK, then the process then has trouble finding the csv.
I've re-done the process this morning using the csv method and that worked OK so I'm feeling a bit more positive!
I'll check the Excel solution when I get access to the solution document to see what I've missed.

Cheers,
Stef

VedSengupta
Level 6
Hi Stef,
Are you closing all instances of excel before creating an instance and opening any workbook?

Can you please have an action to kill any running instance of excel before doing the exercise and see?

Best Regards,
Ved Sengupta
------------------------------ Best Regards, Ved Sengupta RPA Developer Deloitte India (Offices of the US) Bangalore | INDIA *If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer* ------------------------------

Chan_Thomas
Level 2

Hey there, 
I'm hoping for some help! I'm on this stage also but my Error log is coming up with the below 

Chan_Thomas_1-1712681122146.png

I can't seem to figure out how I'm referencing the workbook 😞 

@Chan_Thomas 

What you are looking at is the Process Validator dialog. If the Type was Error, then you would have a problem. The Type is Advice which usually means you are doing something that is not best practice.

In the row that I see in your image, you have a data item named Workbook on your Main Page page that is not being used by any of your other stages. While this does not cause your process to fail, it is bad practice to leave unused data items lying around.

Micheal Charron
RBC
Toronto, Ontario
Canada

Asilarow
Level 7

Hi Stef,

Do you have the Microsoft Excel application installed on your computer?

Also, It would be very helpful if you would paste in a screenshot of your entire process diagram.

Andrzej Silarow