cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering deleted Blue prism Object

manasab
Level 2
Is it possible to recover the object/process that has been deleted? If Yes, please help me through the steps to recover it ?
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Manasa,

If your process/object is simply retired then you can recover it directly from the System Manager console by dragging them back from Retired section or by extracting the same from SSMS using data export wizard from BPAProcess table.

However, if you have achieved the components then you won't be able to fetch them from BPAProcess as the entry won't be there anymore. In that case you can go to the BPAuditEvents table, there you need to fetch the latest entry which has the same object name as per the process you are looking for. Then in order to export it you can use the data export wizard of SSMS as XML has some character limits. Save the file with .xml extension and re import it again.

However, if your organization is using some data purging policy to clear the BPAuditEvents table on some day interval and if that purging already has happened, then I am afraid your process/object is simply gone. Only way in that case would be to use a .bprelease file in case you have exported it earlier or if you have the dump of the DB at some earlier point of time.

Hope it helps. Please let us know
----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

----------------------------------

Hi Manasa

I dont know how to recover a delete object or process but you might be able to do this through the database if you have access. If you have overwritten an object/process with an older version then you can try using the compare function for the objects to try and recover some of the lost detail.