cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to pass the Input Values when the Windows keyboard is Locked

vinithchandra1
Level 2

Hi Team,

I am working for a Japan Project. I am trying to automate  an application. But, when the windows keyboard is in Japan language and it is getting locked when I am trying to pass the input values through Global send Keys(UI Mode)  but when I changed the keyboard from Japan to English it is working and it is not getting locked when I am passing the input values.

Could you Please help me with the Solution.  

Regards,

Vinith Chandra Bonagiri.
Senior Associate

------------------------------
vinith chandra
3 REPLIES 3

harish.m
Level 12

HI Vinith Chandra Bonagiri,

Can  you elaborate when you refer to locked? Do you mean the VM/machine was locked when BOt is trying to enter the global send keys?

If so I have observed that behavior  in the past for one of the automation i have worked . Try to run the same process in unattended mode it might be succesful aslong as your global send keys parameters are correct

In my case  There will be no issue when i ran the bot in unattended, While debugging I just skip this step through bot and perform the intended action manually   - might be better option will be available  from other members in the community but this is the work around I did in the past.

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer"

Harish M
Lead developer
America/New_York TX

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

HI Harish,

Thanks for the Suggestion.
Sure I will elaborate the Issue.
Actually, I am running my Process in the VM. There are two types of Keyboards installed in the Windows(i.e., English and Japanese).
If the Language is changed to Japanese from English, I am unable to pass the Values in the Input field and it is working only if I can copy and paste the values in the field. But if the windows keyboard is set to English, I am able to pass the Values.

Regards,
Vinith Chandra Bonagiri

vinith chandra

Hi Vinith Chandra Bonagiri,

1) Check whether you are activating the application and focus the field  where you intended to pass the global send keys
2) Did you get chance to use write stage instead of Global send keys?
3) When you say passing the value in the field. Is it just text  or windows functions ( CTRL,SHIFT.......)?
4) As a last resort Did you get chance to use Global send Key events?

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer"

Harish M
Lead developer
America/New_York TX
----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]