cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using APIs in Blue Prism

johwes
Level 4
Hi.

I am fairly new to APIs. I have done the "Using Web APIs in Blue Prism" e-learning at BP University, but was left wanting (quite a bit) more. 
I would love some pointers in the right direction. Suggestions to web-based courses, reading material or topics that I should focus on.
I have been developing in Blue Prism since 2018 but have not used APIs to any real extent. I basically need to read up on APIs and how they work and if possible locate some training/documentation specifically aimed at APIs in Blue Prism. 

------------------------------
Johanna Westlund
RPA developer
Sparebank 1 ØA
/Norway
2 REPLIES 2

EmersonF
MVP
Hey Johanna, see if this helps you
https://www.guru99.com/comparison-between-web-services.html
There is API for numerous purposes, including I think its interest is cool, considering almost 100% of integrations with large systems today are via API such as MS Azure and AWS,

But basically there are SOAP Web Services and REST FULL, it would be a good start to understand how they work, today you can make a process blue prism behave like a SOAP that can be called through an end point, such as this process: it needs to receive some information and assemble a string:34119.pngSo I exposed it on my part of the system and now I can make SOAP calls as I'll show below, passing the pass parameters through the endpoint: http://localhost:8181 /ws/Testing?Wsdl34120.png

Good Study!!

Emerson Ferreira
Sr Business Analyst
Avanade Brasil
+55 (081) 98886-9544
If my answer helped you? Mark as useful!
Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil

lookman
Staff
Staff
Hi Johanna.

Have you looked at the API guide (v6.10 User Guide - Web APIs (blueprism.com)) in the portal? This should help enhance your understanding. Also, are you looking to use web services from external sources in a Blue Prism solution or call a Blue Prism solution from an external source?

There are a lot of skills on the DX that use web APIs to call external products, Service Now for example, that you could also look at and read the documentation. These may be of help.

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism