cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Workflow Systems

SamLima
Level 7

Could you please share with us more about Using the Workflow Systems WorkQueue concept?
a real-life example and how to implement it if you already have an instance of work?

I have read the course on LMS but still not sure I got the whole idea 
and can you mention examples of workflow systems used?
and what is the difference between this concept and the ordinary concept 
Thanks in advance 
@devneetmohanty07

------------------------------
Sam Lima
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Sam,

Sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately, for this use case I may not be able to show you any sample diagram as I would need access to some application such as Service Now or Salesforce CRM or some other tool which would keep data case wise ready for Blue Prism robots to consume.

What we mean by external workflow systems is that if you need to let say automate a Service Now application where ticket comes in Low, Med and High priority assigned to a specific team leading to a bifurcation of data apart from the need of using any work queue logic to separate items based on priority. However, even as a best practice it is recommended that even if our data is getting distributed evenly by the external application still we should load these items to Blue Prism Queue and process them one by one similar to what we would do in a queue based architecture.

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the best answer

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi Sam,

Sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately, for this use case I may not be able to show you any sample diagram as I would need access to some application such as Service Now or Salesforce CRM or some other tool which would keep data case wise ready for Blue Prism robots to consume.

What we mean by external workflow systems is that if you need to let say automate a Service Now application where ticket comes in Low, Med and High priority assigned to a specific team leading to a bifurcation of data apart from the need of using any work queue logic to separate items based on priority. However, even as a best practice it is recommended that even if our data is getting distributed evenly by the external application still we should load these items to Blue Prism Queue and process them one by one similar to what we would do in a queue based architecture.

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the best answer

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,