cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find the "Thin client training" application - necessary for the Surface Automation Training

markus_reich
Level 2
Hi blue prism friends, I am new to blue prism and wanted to start the training course "Surface Automation 1.2". For the training an application, provided by blue prism, must be used. (See Surface Automation - Training Course 1.2_0 - Copy.pdf, chapter 2). I can't find the "Thin client training" application. Another application called "Surface Automation Training.exe" is available but I can't open this app. I would be very grateful if someone could help me. Many thanks in advance Best Markus
5 REPLIES 5

TomBlackburn1
Level 7
Markus, Someone will need to clarify, but as far as I remember from when I did the training you still use the Surface Automation Training exe but interact with it as though it was a Thin Client. Tom.

markus_reich
Level 2
Thank you Tom. Do you have any idea why I'm not able to open the .exe file. Neither with normal double klick nor within blue prism. Cheers

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
The Surface Automation Training.exe appliation works ok for me running in a Windows 7 Operating System. What version of Windows are you using? It might be worth turning on a Compatibility Mode for the .exe (done via the windows File Properties dialog) to see if that works Also, if you are running a local Firewall/Virus Checker software, it might be worth checking it's logs to ensure it is not doing something to block the application from running.

Windows 7 as well. Thanks for the hints. I'll try it. It really looks like that something is blocking the application.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Think all Blue Prism applications are built using .NET - so it might also be worth making sure you have the latest version of .NET installed to see if that makes any difference.