cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't exercise 9.1 from Foundation Training Course 6.0 work?

RoxanaNeag
Level 2
I am going through Foundation Training Course 6.0 and have had no trouble with the exercises except for exercise 9.1 Work Queues. Despite following each and every step carefully, absolutely nothing in this exercise on work queues cooperates or works, particularly:

1. The process of START/GET NEXT ITEM/END does not appear in Queue1 in the Control Room.
2. There is, therefore, no lock icon in the first item since there is no first item to have any icon at all.
3. The process of START/GET NEXT ITEM/MARK COMPLETED/END continually generate an "invalid Item ID" message. I have experimented with the process and its four data items and nothing makes it go away.
4. This also does not generate anything in Queue1 in the Control Room.
5. The process START/GET NEXT ITEM/MARK EXCEPTION/END also results in the same error as point 3, that is, the "invalid Item ID" error.
6. Again, this process does not generate any items in Queue1 in the Control Room.
7. Locking items doesn't work at all, probably because of points 1-6.

I've experimented and researched and am getting nowhere with this exercise. Is the guide flawed (I'm guessing so)? Am I doing something wrong? What am I misunderstanding in attempting to fix this?

------------------------------
RN
2 REPLIES 2

RoxanaNeag
Level 2
- RESOLVED -

If you're having the same problem, look to thread: https://community.blueprism.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=d0bbe4b9-541b-45d5-aa12-1565e54206ec&CommunityKey=1be7947a-bc2f-4974-bb0a-6347e1a324f8&tab=digestviewer#bm...

You need to run the Load Queue process first, before you run Queue Exercise 1 (with Get Next Item).

Roxana Neag

Thank you for linking the solution! Much appreciated.

MJFF