Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

DEFEATED! Community Boss Battle #1: Scaling AutomationšŸ†

Michael_S
Community Team
Community Team

šŸ”„ Attention, mighty intelligent automation professionals! šŸ”„

A fearsome enemy has emerged from the depths of innovation, and it's your time to shine!

We're thrilled to introduce our first-ever "Community Boss Battle!" where we call upon your collective wisdom and experience to defeat this formidable opponent.

Community Boss Battles are something we're trying out. If you like it, let us know and we'll do more!

Each Community Boss Battle will pitch you against a tricky, theoretical question or challenge that intelligent automation professionals frequently face. Together, you'll need to suggest possible solutions to the problem below in order to destroy the boss and earn the Hot Topic Community Coin to showcase on your community profile. Let's see what you're up against this time...

---

šŸ‘¾ The Boss: Automation Scaling Objections (100 HP) šŸ‘¾

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to tackle this daunting question:

"What advice would you give to someone who needs to effectively scale intelligent automation in an organization that is hesitant to invest in it?"

---

šŸ›”ļø The Rules of Engagement šŸ›”ļø

• Post your innovative, well-thought-out answers to slay the boss!
    Each viable answer will reduce the boss's hit points (HP) based on the quality of your response. The boss starts with 100 HP!

• Join forces with your fellow community members!
    Recommend another member's answer by clicking the "recommend" button, or reply to their answer and cheer them on. This teamwork will also deal damage to the boss!

• Keep the conversation positive and respectful.
    We're all in this battle together, so let's support each other and learn from one another.

• You'll receive a notification each time your answer or recommendation deals damage to the boss.
    Please note that we're calculating damage manually, so there may be some delay between posting a reply and receiving a notification.

Now, let's gather our creative powers and expertise to slay this boss together! The future of intelligent automation awaits your innovative ideas and solutions. Good luck, and let the battle commence!

The Boss' HP is currently: 0HP
 šŸŽ‰You did it! The boss is slain! šŸŽ‰

------------------------------
šŸ’™ Michael
(I'm part of the SS&C Blue Prism Community Team)

16 REPLIES 16

EVIPUTI
MVP

Interesting question, indeed debatable.

For an organization to adopt an automation strategy is a very big change in its technology ideology. And in my opinion, any change, big or small requires a considerable amount of convincing to be adopted. It starts with a small POC which gives a proof point on the profits and benefits from the change and if this is not something that gives a good ROI then the change is something that is not viable for the organization. In my experience, I have seen a small organization with limited funds investing a good deal in automation as a short POC of 7-8 months gave them a good starting point on the benefits, whereas a big organization with a big team and stable investments into the POC have not been able to give a baseline to the profits for about 5 years now and hence are still resistant to start their automation journey. With a compact, well-driven POC it is not difficult to give proof points on the profits and benefits of an automation journey. And who wouldn't want to drive a change that can bring in a lot of profits and benefits for the company.

Vipul Tiwari
Senior Process Simplification Developer
Amazon
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------

@Vipul Tiwari hit the boss for 15hp damage!

Hi šŸ‘‹ I am a Digital Worker. Please check out my profile to learn more about what I do!
Hi ļ‘‹ I am a Digital Worker. Please check out my profile to learn more about what I do!

Mukeshh_k
MVP

As more and more industry experts have said, automation is becoming an increasingly strategic priority for businesses. Leaders and executives are looking to accelerate growth and improve operations and deliver improved employee engagement, enhanced customer experience and increased profits. "They say you can't manage what you don't measure" and Intelligent Automation has not only not accelerated the race to digital, but it also powered a rush to the cloud to respond more dynamically to demand changes for an aggressive digital transformation approach to ensure your standings right ahead of the curve and investing at right place, people, processes and technology at the right time with regards to where this digital world with seamless possibilities is leading automation to. 

its important to know about the stuffs you are advocating/educating about you must know where world sits with these and how much they are being benefited by exploding Intelligent automation as their core in the ecosystem to scale technology's ability to interact aggressively, accurately and deliver results.

I would start my presentation with few facts to slay my boss and he should know these -

• 71% individuals agree that automation is now an increased priority with stronger C-suite sponsorship 
  • Only 13% are scaling their automation (51+ automation). 
  • Gartner expects that by 2024,ā€Æorganisations will lower operational costs by 30% by combiningā€Æhyper automationā€Ætechnologies with redesigned operational processes.
  • 80% of technology products and services will be built by those who are not technology professionals.

& I will address - If we want to be more aggressive in scaling intelligent automation in our organisation, we would need to be willing to take risks and make bold moves. We can't be afraid to challenge the status quo and push for change.

We need to see this as a Team to be exactly at a place where we stand right head to head in the digital competition with aggressive yet practical deeds, its important to learn from other's mistakes and very much important indeed to know your competitors/where this world is heading to, with digital transformations. 

• Be willing to experiment and fail better every time : The more we experiment, the faster we will learn and the more successful we will be, failures are part of the process. If we're not failing, we're not learning. Don't be afraid to fail and learn from our mistakes as a team and others mistakes as well.
  • If you don't take risks, you don't drink "Champagne" : Intelligent automation is a new technology and there is always a risk of failure. But if we're not willing to take risks, we will never be successful as they say - earnest is the sweetest, either you celebrate or learn from failure but it's better than being at the exact same place as you were yesterday.
  • Fighting for what we believe in: If we believe in intelligent automation, we need to be willing to fight for it. There will be people they will try to stop you, but we need to stand up for what we believe in and I would layout Plans, Proof of concepts, benefits ROI, Talents, Capability to support it and prove our worth to those who didn't believe in it.

Additionally, 

• Showing ROI and few examples of best use cases from the industry by gathering data and presenting a strong business case examples that outlines the potential savings, increased efficiency, and improved productivity that intelligent automation brought to those organisations.
  •  Starting Small: Instead of trying to implement intelligent automation across the entire organisation, I will recommend to just start with a small pilot project. This will allow us to showcase the benefits of intelligent automation and gain buy-in from stakeholders to our aggressive yet practical ways of earning it.

I hope by now he/she would be 50% convinced or at least would have their heads tuning to these thoughts.

Kindly up vote this as "Best Answer" if it adds value or resolves your query in anyway possible, happy to help.

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar - Senior Automation Developer

NHS England, United Kingdom, GB

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar

@Mukesh Kumar hit the boss for 20hp damage!

Hi šŸ‘‹ I am a Digital Worker. Please check out my profile to learn more about what I do!
Hi ļ‘‹ I am a Digital Worker. Please check out my profile to learn more about what I do!

Below points I would like to suggest anyone who needs to deal with any organization that is hesitant to invest in Intelligent Automation:

>>Before we get into any promotional offerings to the business, we should arrange a meeting with executives along with the business wing and we'll start understanding their concerns, are they concerned about the cost, complexity or any other technicalities and try to answer them. I believe not all the members are at the same level of resistance to technology and the answers we give them would definitely spark an internal debate within their teams and we can expect a fruitful result.

>>As per my experience most of the organisations are still not clear when it comes to fully understand the actual benefits of implementing intelligent automation in their digital journey. We should be very good at explaining them about the reaping benefits of it. Don't overpromise and set realistic expectations

>>When you get positive sense. then show the few examples how other similar organisations have successfully implemented intelligent automation and are now enjoying the benefits of stable ROI. Be honest, don't just show them the high-altitude numbers.

>>If everything goes well, we should definitely get an ask to show them an POC. and here we go.

MuraliKrishna
Senior Consultant - Wonderbotz

@krishna.kodimurali9 hit the boss for 15hp damage! It's half-way to defeat!

Amazing work so far everyone! We've learned that:

• Small Proof of Concepts (POC) can go a long way to demonstrating value (great hits @Vipul Tiwari and @krishna.kodimurali9
  • Facts obtained through research, particular around how the competition may be deploying intelligent automation, can develop "a fear of missing out" (great addition @Mukesh Kumar
  • Examples and success stories can be powerful in defeating automation objections!

Our boss is already at half its health. Don't forget, you can contribute by responding to the ideas that other members have already posted. Do you have anything to add? Do you agree? Let us know and we'll have this challenge complete in no time!

šŸ’™ Michael
(I'm part of the SS&C Blue Prism Community Team)

@Michael Shillingford - Thanks for the valuable thoughts - Implementing "Intelligent Automation" can be hell of a roller coaster ride sometimes but with right set of tools and mindset it should be all gravy in sometime and this journey for sure would offer an iterative learning with a Fail-Forward and Fall Forward approach all the time, eventually getting to a place where we all would have wanted to be.  They say - It's better to burn out at right times than fade away and I second that !

Kindly up vote this as "Best Answer" if it adds value or resolves your query in anyway possible, happy to help.

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar - Senior Automation Developer

NHS England, United Kingdom, GB
Regards,

Mukesh Kumar

I agree!!! what amazing insights and I'm enjoying reading everyone's take on solving this challenge.

Looking forward to seeing more and seeing who finally beats the boss 

Emma Kirby-Kidd
Global Head of ROM
SS&C Blue Prism
Europe/London