Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

DEFEATED! Community Boss Battle #1: Scaling AutomationšŸ†

Michael_S
Community Team
Community Team

šŸ”„ Attention, mighty intelligent automation professionals! šŸ”„

A fearsome enemy has emerged from the depths of innovation, and it's your time to shine!

We're thrilled to introduce our first-ever "Community Boss Battle!" where we call upon your collective wisdom and experience to defeat this formidable opponent.

Community Boss Battles are something we're trying out. If you like it, let us know and we'll do more!

Each Community Boss Battle will pitch you against a tricky, theoretical question or challenge that intelligent automation professionals frequently face. Together, you'll need to suggest possible solutions to the problem below in order to destroy the boss and earn the Hot Topic Community Coin to showcase on your community profile. Let's see what you're up against this time...

---

šŸ‘¾ The Boss: Automation Scaling Objections (100 HP) šŸ‘¾

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to tackle this daunting question:

"What advice would you give to someone who needs to effectively scale intelligent automation in an organization that is hesitant to invest in it?"

---

šŸ›”ļø The Rules of Engagement šŸ›”ļø

• Post your innovative, well-thought-out answers to slay the boss!
    Each viable answer will reduce the boss's hit points (HP) based on the quality of your response. The boss starts with 100 HP!

• Join forces with your fellow community members!
    Recommend another member's answer by clicking the "recommend" button, or reply to their answer and cheer them on. This teamwork will also deal damage to the boss!

• Keep the conversation positive and respectful.
    We're all in this battle together, so let's support each other and learn from one another.

• You'll receive a notification each time your answer or recommendation deals damage to the boss.
    Please note that we're calculating damage manually, so there may be some delay between posting a reply and receiving a notification.

Now, let's gather our creative powers and expertise to slay this boss together! The future of intelligent automation awaits your innovative ideas and solutions. Good luck, and let the battle commence!

The Boss' HP is currently: 0HP
 šŸŽ‰You did it! The boss is slain! šŸŽ‰

------------------------------
šŸ’™ Michael
(I'm part of the SS&C Blue Prism Community Team)

16 REPLIES 16

KodiSrihari
Level 8

In this Digital Transformation world Even it might be a small scale or a large scale industry they need everything that they contribute within their business operations will result in high productivity, high Accuracy, customer satisfaction etc.. The current trend towards utilizing intelligent automation in organizations making them more strong in this competitive world by automating their digital operations in the field of Human capital management, Business operations, Employee engagements etc .. By scaling the intelligent automation in all possible business requirements organizations came to know the role of automation and it's importance towards their organizational growth.

I would like to display an example with my experience, initially an organization started utilizing intelligent automation to automate their repetitive digital payments and invoice processing task ,within the next quarter of this automation they came to know that they not only saved the human effort towards that work they spend earlier but also received best response from their customers towards the intime delivery and accuracy. After seeing this result that organization started adopting to automate their critical business processes with Intelligent automation.

Srihari
RPA Developer

@KodiSrihari hit the boss for 15hp damage!

Bonus damage was applied by:

@CharlotteK 
@Emma Kirby-Kidd 

...for supporting other members!

25hp left. The boss is looking weak!

Hi šŸ‘‹ I am a Digital Worker. Please check out my profile to learn more about what I do!
Hi ļ‘‹ I am a Digital Worker. Please check out my profile to learn more about what I do!

grbanares
MVP

I think education is the key. We need to reach out to the organizations' main people and show them the capabilities and positive outcome of intelligent automation in the workplace. There are really wonderful insights in the previous responses. Combining all those things together and educating the people in the organization with it, I believe we could influence them and could get them onboarded in the Intelligent Automation world. šŸ™‚

Genold BaƱares
Head of Automation Development
Virtual Blue
Auckland, New Zealand
Genold BaƱares
Director of RPA
Virtual Blue
Auckland, New Zealand

1) Clarify the WHY factor of RPA - Organizations should be extremely clear about the issues at hand and how automation might help to eliminate manual activities. RPA won't be successful until and unless the leadership is clear about WHY we are doing this.

2) Start small - Scaling automation can be challenging at first, therefore we should always begin with a simple process, analyze it extensively, carefully design it, assign the best developers to it, properly track it, and then evaluate the ROI. The leadership team would feel more confident investing more money in the RPA after seeing this small proof. Organizations typically put in less effort in the beginning and perform poorly. Yet the situation is reversed; we must start off at full speed and then shift our attention to scaling as soon as things have stabilized. It's similar to planting a tree where you give it your all when it's young and gradually reduce your manual labor as it gets bigger. Later, all you need to do is harvest the fruits, you might not even need to water them. Just relax in the shade while eating the fruits.

3) Spread the word across the organization ā€“ Every department must be informed about the RPA by the leadership. Discuss RPA with them and find out their opinions. If properly articulated, they will come up quickly with the use cases.

4) Explore how others are benefitting from RPA ā€“ To realize the value RPA is giving to the consumers, take the time to investigate the case studies and research works. Talk to those who have done it.

5) Scaling (WHY not?) - To effectively communicate the case for scaling automation throughout a business, one must be very explicit in their communication pitch. Why wouldn't you want to scale up production once your line is in place? When the ROI multiplies, scaling becomes the key to RPA.

6) Build trust and confidence - With a strong foundation, we can develop trust and confidence that the initial investment was made in the appropriate place. The next level of automation would receive more of a push as a result.

7) Bringing in the Humanity - Make people aware that the labor-intensive and error-prone duties may easily be handled by robots when they take over routine tasks.  Why do humans still do it when robots can do it better? The idea is that because so much labor is already being put into manual chores, why not delegate them to a bot so that the same amount of work may be done on jobs that demand more human-like approaches? As the world is also showing concerns about AI, ML, and Robots taking over things it becomes crucial to bring the Humanity factor to the light for everyone.

If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer".

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. Consultant-Technical Lead

@grbanares 

@Tejaskumar_Darji 

... both hit the boss for 25hp damage!

šŸŽ‰ THE BOSS IS SLAIN! Congratulations, mighty community, you've collaborated to solve this challenge šŸŽ‰

Hi šŸ‘‹ I am a Digital Worker. Please check out my profile to learn more about what I do!
Hi ļ‘‹ I am a Digital Worker. Please check out my profile to learn more about what I do!

Well, that was fast! I was not expecting this one to fall within 1 day - excellent work everyone!

But the real adventure was the best practice we learned along the way. Thank you so much to:

... for the incredible, practical and helpful advice you've shared in this thread. I'm proud of you all for your leadership, and you'll all find the Hot Topic Community Coin has been added to your community profile. 

But, don't let this stop you, if there's more to share on the topic of scaling automation programs, feel free to continue the conversation below!

So - what did you think of our first Boss Battle? Did you enjoy it? Would you take part again? And what could we improve for the next one? Let me know, and we'll face another enemy of successful intelligent automation soon.

Thank you!

šŸ’™ Michael
(I'm part of the SS&C Blue Prism Community Team)

I didn't want to jump in with my thoughts because I was genuinely interested to see what insights our community had and I wasn't disappointed!! 

One of the things I love about this industry is there's many ways to cut the same cloth and we do a variety of things that may or may not work but the lessons we learn are invaluable. 

I can only echo the sentiments you're all already shared as they are frankly brilliant. 

For me in my experience as a former Head of Automation and now hearing customer stories there's some clear requisites for growth -

• Winning over and influencing leadership, they need to know what's in it for them and the organisation.
  • A strong leader who is comfortable evangelizing, challenging and has a strong steer towards a culture of change 
  • Transparency is key, don't hide what you're doing. In fact the complete opposite, sing your praises.....
  • Education on the art of the possible will help people understand there's a new way of working using a unified workforce 
  • And lastly, report, track, validate and communicate your achievements. Money talks and that is what will inviably will drive your growth

That's my 2 cents but I applaud all of these responses, thank you 

Emma Kirby-Kidd
Global Head of ROM
SS&C Blue Prism
Europe/London