Digital Exchange

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

This community is a place to discuss Blue Prism DX assets and development.

• 1.  Function for Bouncy Castle - PGP Utility - 1.0.0

Posted 13 days ago
    Hi All,

Have any of you integrated the Bouncy castle PGP utility from digital exchange? Followed the exact same steps per the guide but still facing an issue during integration( Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage : Object reference not set to an instance of an object). Not sure if I am missing any references here. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

------------------------------
    Ashok Chelladurai
    Vice president
    State Street
    America/New_York

• 2.  RE: Function for Bouncy Castle - PGP Utility - 1.0.0

Posted 10 days ago
    Hello @Ashok Chelladurai,

Couple questions.
    • Did you download a copy of the BouncyCastle v1.8.10 DLL and place it in the Blue Prism Automate folder?
    • What version of Blue Prism are you using?
    • Are you experiencing the error on Encrypt, Decrypt, or both?

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
    Director, Integrations and Enablement
    Blue Prism Digital Exchange

• 3.  RE: Function for Bouncy Castle - PGP Utility - 1.0.0

Posted 10 days ago
    Hi @Ashok Chelladurai,

I think I know what might be going on. There are some exception handlers within the code that try to create a response message using the main exception message as well as an inner exception message. However, if there's no inner exception object you'll get the error you're seeing. My guess is, the encryption key you're using isn't what the VBO/BouncyCastle expects. As such, it's running into this exception handling which is actually failing.

I'll let the developer know about the exception handling so they can update the VBO. What sort of public/private key are you using? Is it something you generated yourself?

Cheers,​

Eric Wilson
    Director, Integrations and Enablement
    Blue Prism Digital Exchange

• 4.  RE: Function for Bouncy Castle - PGP Utility - 1.0.0

Posted 10 days ago
    Thank you Eric, I will test the latest one and provide an update.

Ashok Chelladurai
    Vice president
    State Street
    America/New_York

• 5.  RE: Function for Bouncy Castle - PGP Utility - 1.0.0

Posted 10 days ago
    Hi Ashok,

I updated the Bouncy Castle PGP Utility to v1.1.0. If you download and import this updated version, it should give you a more meaningful error message.

https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/9648/solution/bouncy-castle---pgp-utility

Regards,
    Charlie

Charlie Kovacs
    Sr. Digital Exchange Engineer
    Blue Prism
    Austin, USA

• 6.  RE: Function for Bouncy Castle - PGP Utility - 1.0.0

Posted 10 days ago
    Thank you Charles, Let me test this one.

Just FYI, I am testing with GPG open standard and I believe that is supported by bouncy castle.

Ashok Chelladurai
    Vice president
    State Street
    America/New_York

• 7.  RE: Function for Bouncy Castle - PGP Utility - 1.0.0

Posted 8 days ago
    Hi Charles

The utility is working as expected. May i know what was the issue earlier?

Regards
    Ashok

Ashok Chelladurai
    Vice president
    State Street
    America/New_York

• 8.  RE: Function for Bouncy Castle - PGP Utility - 1.0.0

Posted 7 days ago
    Hi Ashok,

I am glad to hear the utility is working for you now. The difference between v1.0.0 and v1.1.0 is the exception handling as Eric described. V1.1.0 now includes checks to see if an Exception object contains a non-null InnerException before trying to use it in creating the error message.

Otherwise, the core behavior of the utility remains unchanged.

Charlie Kovacs
    Sr. Digital Exchange Engineer
    Blue Prism
    Austin, USA

Welcome to the Blue Prism Digital Exchange Community!

The Blue Prism Digital Exchange is a "shop window" for new and emerging technologies—a platform that puts powerful RPA and AI capabilities into the hands of business leaders. Users can find and apply pre-built AI capabilities, in the form of downloadable integrations and Visual Business Objects (VBOs), to automated processes. These assets connect and integrate Digital Workers, existing systems and processes to Blue Prism's technology partners, creating a solid foundation of AI-enabled Intelligent Automation that's scalable and sustainable.

Blue Prism Digital ExchangeDX Asset IdeasContact DX Support

FAQs

The Blue Prism Digital Exchange (DX) is an online marketplace where businesses can instantly access, apply and share pre-built AI, cognitive and advanced RPA technologies from best-in-class providers. These assets easily connect to existing digital workers, systems and processes to enhance automation capabilities.
The Digital Exchange is free to all users. Most of the content on the DX is free to download but there are some submissions that do have a cost associated. The submissions with a cost are advertised on the asset card and profile. No unwanted costs will be applied to any users.
You can visit and browse the Digital Exchange here. If you would like to consume or download any material it is necessary to create an account on the Blue Prism Portal first.
Everyone can access the Digital Exchange and consume the assets on it. If you would like to contribute to the marketplace it is necessary that you create an account and sign up as a partner.