cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access DB

aseelodeh
Level 5
I tried to connect MS Access DB with Blueprism but it throw an error for your reference I listed the errors below

I tried with Provider ="Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" it throw an Error:- Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Unrecognized database format 'C:\Users\Dell\OneDrive\Desktop\Demo.accdb'.

for the Provider="Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0" it throws an Error:- Internal: Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.

Please suggest a solution for these errors or another way to connect to MS Access.

------------------------------
aseel odeh
2 REPLIES 2

Hey Aseel,

This error usually comes when the correct drivers are not installed on your machine. I have a exe setup file for Access Database Engine, though I don't remember the exact source URL from where I downloaded it but I am sharing the drive link where I have that exe file saved: Access Database Engine Installation

DISCLAIMER : Please download at your own risk as it is not being provided or promoted by me.

Also, check if you are using the below connection string:

Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=<FILE_PATH>;Extended Properties="Excel 12.0;HDR=YES";

You can try replacing the highlighted text with the actual file path consisting of the file name and extension along with the full file path. For example:"C:\Test\Test.xlsx"

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you and if it resolves you query please mark it as the best answer so that others having the same problem can track the answer easily

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@aseelodeh,

FWIW - The ACE OLEDB provider is available in the Access Database Engine Redistributable available at the link below:​

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange