cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect to SAP Hana database using Blue prism

RyanDsouza
Level 2
Hello team,

I need to connect to SAP Hana database using Blue prism. Our business teams use Toad instead of SAP client . 
Is there a way to use any blue prism object for this purpose.

I have seen all SAP documentation and they refer to GUI scripting . is backend connect to SAP Hana DB supported.

Thanks,
Ryan Dsouza
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Ryan,

Technically working with Toad application can be a complicated affair altogether. Better thing as per my experience would be to directly connect to SAP S/4 HANA database that you can do via an ODBC connection. You can use the Data - OLEDB business object and need to pass the connection string required to connect with the S/4 HANA Database.

You can refer to the below article for the same or contact with the Team responsible for maintaining and administering the Database from your IT end as well who can help you get this connection string:

Connect To S/4 HANA database
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope this helps you out and if so, please mark the current thread as the 'Answer', so others can refer to the same for reference in future.
Regards,
Devneet Mohanty,
SS&C Blueprism Community MVP 2024,
Automation Architect,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi Ryan,

Technically working with Toad application can be a complicated affair altogether. Better thing as per my experience would be to directly connect to SAP S/4 HANA database that you can do via an ODBC connection. You can use the Data - OLEDB business object and need to pass the connection string required to connect with the S/4 HANA Database.

You can refer to the below article for the same or contact with the Team responsible for maintaining and administering the Database from your IT end as well who can help you get this connection string:

Connect To S/4 HANA database
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope this helps you out and if so, please mark the current thread as the 'Answer', so others can refer to the same for reference in future.
Regards,
Devneet Mohanty,
SS&C Blueprism Community MVP 2024,
Automation Architect,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.