Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB Servicer - Possible bug in Check Safety Switch

til.minet
Level 5
Hey there,

Most likely this question should best be answered directly by @David-Dinh 

We started using it today and encountered a possible bug. After configuring everything to our needs the process terminated nearly instantly as the Page "Check Safety Switch" did not accept any value that is set higher than the value set for the safety switch.

The solution is to switch all decisions so that no/false leads to an exception, not yes/true. 

37086.png

One more thing that didn't make sense: The decisions all check if the set value is greater than the MIN SAFETY SWITCH. If you set the value to be the exact value of the MIN SAFETY SWITCH then the process would terminate as well. Amending the formular to accept "greater or equal" did the job for us.

37087.png

Best regards
Til

​​​
1 REPLY 1

David-Dinh
Staff
Staff

Hi There,
Thanks for reporting the minor bug.  I will update it in the next release.
As with anything that is community supported and developed by the community, there are always risks associated with any downloads on the DX.  This is true for any software or Operating System.  In most cases, vendors and developers are welcoming of these reports and will update accordingly.  As the VBO is open source sort of speak, I'm glad you were able to make the correction.

I would also not draw the conclusion that not many people are using this tool based on a minor error on the safety check.  Many people might have just corrected it themselves since it was so small and easy to fix.

Thanks,

David