cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism v7.3 - Enhanced Application Modeller - 'Unsupported object detected' pop up

jack.lavington
Level 3

Good afternoon all 

We have recently upgraded our development environment to BPE v7.3 in BPC. 

We are attempting to improve some of our objects and components by using the enhanced application modeller in conjunction with what has already been built in the previous application modeller (previous BPE utilised was v6.10.1) however we are coming across the below error message when trying to do so...

4664cc1d-ed6a-48e1-a7fb-5451eeffb05f.jpg

Is anyone aware of any reason why this would be occurring? From the training notes for BPE v7.3 is does state "The user can switch between using the Application Modeller and the Enhanced Application Modeller on the same application." therefore we are confused why this may be happening... 

There are no options to take out of read only, or to enable, and all options that would change anything are greyed out

Any support would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

david.l.morris
Level 14

What kind of application model is it? Some are still unsupported like Java and Mainframe, I think.

Edit: Actually now that I look at the message it gives you, maybe it's just saying it doesn't support how your elements are structured. For example, one of the limitations is that you can't nest containers in region mode. So, if you have something like that, then I suppose it might give you that error.

Here's the full list of known limitations in Enhanced Application Modeller:
https://docs.blueprism.com/bundle/blue-prism-enterprise-7-3/page/application-model-setup/am-limitations.htm

2nd Edit: Okay I reproduced the same error you got by creating a container element for region mode and then a second container element for region mode then I dragged the second one into the first one so that it looks like this:

davidlmorris_0-1727291950014.png

And then when I try to switch to Enhanced Application Modeller, I get this error:

davidlmorris_1-1727291982691.png

So, most likely an upcoming version of Blue Prism will support the structure you have. To use it now, I think you'd just have to reorganize the elements in that object so they aren't nested. Of course it could be some other issue causing this, so I'm just guessing on the nesting thing.

Dave Morris, 3Ci at Southern Company

Thank you for the response/guidance Dave, much appreciated, will have a look into that list of known limitations and see if we have nested somewhere along the way, cheers. 

Hello Jack,

Here is a link to items that are known to be unsupported by Blue Prism 7.3
Unsupported elements (blueprism.com)

Hope this helps in resolving this instance. 
If not please feel free to open a ticket with Blue Prism Support.
Thank you