cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download all sub-folders and files from SharePoint

Chee_YewThing
Level 4
Hi all,
anyone experience how to download all the sub-folders and files from SharePoint? 
I explore on Graph API but seem did not have any luck on it, wondering I missed any or this feature not available yet.

Thanks,
Thing
4 REPLIES 4

RogerHoel
Level 3
Hi!

Just a thought. What if You sync with One drive by presssing Sync in sharepoint, and then use normal file path to copy from and to somewhere, if thats what you want?

What are You trying to automate?

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hello @Chee Yew Thing,

Microsoft hasn't gotten around to publishing an endpoint for the Graph API that supports downloading bundles of files. I have seen some examples of people using PowerShell to do this though in addition to the OneDrive-sync option @RogerHoel mentioned below or simply automating the SharePoint UI.

Cheers,
Eric
​​

RogerHoel
Level 3
Hi again!

Another thought that came to mind is to automate the free took Microsoft Microsoft SharePoint Migration tool. That can move all of it from a site to disk if you like. or even Site to site. It will demand that You have SharePoint Site Admin rights to get the full use of that.

Another thought is to use standard stuff You do find in MS Power Automate, but that might be throwing stones in a glass hose right now! 🤣

Hope it helps?

Kind regards \\Roger

Chee_YewThing
Level 4
Thank you Roger, Eric.
Yes, sync to OneDrive would be the easiest way for me. Yes, I just need download all folders, where Sync is the best solutions to fit this scenario.