cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic File Path

QuinnAnderson
Level 3
Hello,

I'm trying to build a machine that points to a pdf in a template format and scans information for some minor analysis.  I've built out an object that scrapes the pdf correctly for the information that I want.  My issue is that to do that I'm using the Application Manager to open the PDF and scrape, but I have to point the Application Manager to a SPECIFIC PDF, meaning that I can't change the file;path form PDF1 to PDF2 in my object. 

I tried to get around this by building an system that grabs all the filepaths in a folder (the Get Files action in the System Management VBO), then loops through an action that copies the files into a single 'master file' (using the Copy Files action in the System Management VBO) that would then be used to perform the PDF Scraping action.  Only, for some reason I can't call the full PDF filepath from the Collection the Get Files action builds.  Meaning the loop is calling on the whole collection I'm creating and won't pass individual values into the Copy File action.  The Collection is populating with the Get Files action, but isn't allowing me to pull individual fields from the collection.

Help with either directly solving the dynamic filepath for the PDF or solving this looping issue would be greatly appreciated.

------------------------------
Quinn Anderson
10 REPLIES 10

Hahah it was pretty clear once I knew that was there to look for.  Mostly I'm currently running into walls where I don't know enough about the tool to know all of the options that go into setting up a process.

All the best

Quinn R. Anderson

Master of Advanced Analytics | Consultant | Data Scientist

Aspirent Consulting, LLC

6198.png
6600 Peachtree Dunwoody Road NE
400 Embassy Row, Suite 260
Atlanta, GA 30328
C:  (303) 324-7645
E: quinn.anderson@aspirent.com

L: www.linkedin.com/in/quinn-r-anderson-0aa3a340

------Original Message------

Awesome! Also, I'm glad you knew what I meant even though I misworded it. I meant to say change 'Image' to 'Coordinates', but initially I typed it backwards.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA