Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fail to Send Mail via Microsoft Office 365 - Outlook v1.3.1

HongJooChoi
Staff
Staff

Hi, Community

Can anyone help me out for the failure in "Send Mail"?

1. "Send Mail" action stage returns an error code of an "InvalidAuthentication" due to "empty Access token". 

8636.png

However, the AccessToken was already been filled up in the Initialize page of the Business Object when it's called.

8637.png

2. In the Send Mail action page, the Decision stage next to the Send Mail also returns an error code as the Status Code data item is empty. I thought that the Status Code must be included in the HTTP response message but I couldn't find any stages returning it in this page.

8638.png

Best regards

------------------------------
HongJoo Choi
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

@HongJooChoi Looks like you are setting both the MailboxID and To address when trying to send to gmail. Can you set only the To address.

MailboxID id the id from which you are sending the email. Use the same value as you used when sending to your domain.

Shashank Kumar
DX Integrations Partner Consultant
Blue Prism
Singapore
+6581326707

View answer in original post

14 REPLIES 14

@HongJooChoi 

Do you have the latest versions of the dependencies?

8552.png

A user faced a similar issue and was resolved after updating dependencies . Refer thread https://community.blueprism.com/discussion/new-connector-for-microsoft-office-365-outlook-released#bm1a92a31d-c716-47a6-a568-2297f816d70d
Shashank Kumar
Blue Prism
Singapore
+6581326707

Hi, @shashank.kumar280 

Thank you for the guide.

After having updated the relevant business objects with up-to-date version, I see it's working.

But when I tried to send an email to other domain such as xxx@gmail.com, the error occurred 404 Results (Can't find the remote server).

Could you guide me once more as to what should be done to be able to send an email to any domain?

Regards

HongJoo Choi

@HongJooChoi Have a look at this thread if it helps https://stackoverflow.com/questions/69009204/not-able-to-send-email-to-gmail-or-any-other-account-except-my-organization-acco 

Shashank Kumar
Blue Prism
Singapore
+6581326707

Hi, @shashank.kumar280 

Thank you for the link. 

Unfortunately, even after the API authentication type has changed to "delegated" following the given reference, the 404 Not Found still persistent.

8571.png

8572.png

Regards

HongJoo Choi

@HongJooChoi 

You mentioned that you're not able to send email to other domains. Are you able to successfully send email to your own domain (i.e. internal emails) using the VBO?

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Hi, @ewilson 

Yes, I can send email to my own domain(i.e., blueprism.kr), but not for other public domains such as gmail.com, naver.com, etc.

Regards

HongJoo Choi

@HongJooChoi 

Ok, that makes it sound like this might some sort of permissions issue on the Azure side as far as what can be done with the account credentials you're using. Have you checked with your Azure administrator to see if there's anything in Exchange or Azure that might be misconfigured?

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Hi, @ewilson 

I contacted the technical support of the Azure and unfortunately, got no clear answer. They say it seems to do with resources provided by Outlook or the module we're testing with rather than Azure itself.

Just in case, I tested it in the Microsoft365 Outlook website, and it did work fine, i.e., the email is sent successfully to private email account such as beeno71@gmail.com.

When testing the same with the given VBO, as was addressed in the above 404 Not Found is received. The Request URL the message is sent to is:

8591.png

Currently, the role of the account is the owner of the application and its role is "Cloud Application Manager". I couldn't find any description specifically indicating the role that's permitted to send an email to private email address or something like that. Can you specify permission type or roles should be granted to the account? or any advice for us to move forward?

Regards

HongJoo Choi

Hi Hong Joo,

Just to confirm, are you making configuration changes(url etc.) in the vbo when sending to same domain vs gmail other than just setting a different To address in the input parameter?

Shashank Kumar
Blue Prism
Singapore
+6581326707