cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function for MS Outlook VBO - 6.10.3 - Adding Response Delivery Options Customisation for Voting Buttons Options in Send Email Action

AishaSaeed
Level 3
Hello BP community 🙂

In a previous thread I posted in this community, Eric Wilson had kindly updated the Send Email action in the Function for MS Outlook VBO - 6.10.3 VBO for Outlook on 21st February 2022 to include voting option buttons. 

The link to the VBO can be found here.

I was wondering if it would be possible to add another feature to the Send Email action whereby you can customise who will receive the voting button option responses to the original email.

Currently the responses are sent to the user who sends out the original email however, we would like the responses to be sent to additional users and not just to the virtual worker's inbox. 

On Outlook, if you choose to custom your voting buttons the following dialog box pops up: 6046.png

We would like to be able to input the email addresses of users we would like the replies to be sent to as highlighted in the first tick box under Delivery options. Is this possible?

Many thanks, 
Aisha

------------------------------
Aisha Saeed
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@Aisha Saeed,

Version 6.10.5 of the Outlook VBO has been posted to the DX. It includes the ability to specify Vote Recipients (a semicolon-delimited list of email addresses) on the Send Email action.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

View answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@Aisha Saeed,

This change will involve a little more work. There is no specific property exposed by the Outlook object model related to the recipients of voting replies. Instead you use the main ReplyRecipients collection. However, there would need to be some logic added to determine the following:

• Are voting options supplied?
    • If so, are voting reply recipients provided?
      • If so, build ReplyRecipients collection based on input reply recipients.
      • If not, continue (this will use the logged in user account as the reply recipient).
    • If not, continue (this will use the logged in user account as the reply recipient).

My team is pretty tied up at the moment, but we will get to this as soon as possible. In the meantime, you could add the necessary logic to your local instance of the VBO.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

Hi @ewilson,

Thanks for getting back to me. I will add the logic to the instance of the VBO that you mentioned above, I will keep any eye out for any updated to the VBO in the future 🙂

Thanks for your help,
Aisha​​

Aisha Saeed

The documentation for Outlook VBA shows a MailItem.VotingOptions item that you should be able to incorporate to any mail you are attempting to send.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/client-developer/outlook/pia/how-to-add-voting-options-to-a-mail-item

Ami Barrett
Solution Architect
Karsun Solutions
Plano TX

The question wasn't about VotingOptions specifically. Support for that feature has already been added to the Outlook VBO though. The question was about sending a user's selection from voting to other recipients as opposed to the originator of the voting email. The VotingOptions property doesn't help you there as it's just a string that contains the actual voting options.​

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

I was a couple builds out of date on the VBO; thanks for calling that out!

In regards to reply recipients, you could integrate it just like the attachments logic, where addresses are semicolon-delimited.
For Each recip As String In Reply_Recipients.Split(";"c)
	If recip = "" Then Continue For
	mail.ReplyRecipients.Add(recip)
Next​

Ami Barrett
Solution Architect
Karsun Solutions
Plano TX

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@Aisha Saeed,

Version 6.10.5 of the Outlook VBO has been posted to the DX. It includes the ability to specify Vote Recipients (a semicolon-delimited list of email addresses) on the Send Email action.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson