cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hold Left Mouse Down and Drag to Increase Column Size

SergioGuzman
Level 2
Hi All,

I'm working with a thin client (Citrix) and need to use Region for automation.  I have a list of items with text that is partially hidden and need to grab the column with the mouse and drag it to widen the view.   I've done some research and just can't find the answer.

Can any explain if this is possible please.  

------------------------------
Sergio Guzman
Sr. Developer
Kaiser
America/Los_Angeles
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Sergio,

Check out the Start Drag and Drop Onto actions. Start Drag will click and drag from the center of the identified region. You will need another region to tell Blue Prism where to drop onto. This could be a coordinates region with the initial region as the relative parent.

While probably less reliable, you could also try using Drag and Drop with the X and Y coordinates of the Window.
Also with Citrix, you might be able to utilize global send keys: LButton for left mouse button with < to key down and hold and > to key up.

#surfaceautomation
Patrick Aucoin
Senior Product Consultant
Blue Prism

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Sergio,

Check out the Start Drag and Drop Onto actions. Start Drag will click and drag from the center of the identified region. You will need another region to tell Blue Prism where to drop onto. This could be a coordinates region with the initial region as the relative parent.

While probably less reliable, you could also try using Drag and Drop with the X and Y coordinates of the Window.
Also with Citrix, you might be able to utilize global send keys: LButton for left mouse button with < to key down and hold and > to key up.

#surfaceautomation
Patrick Aucoin
Blue Prism

Thanks for the quick reply.  I've tried the Start Drag and Drop into but it didn't work on Citrix.   

I'm glad you mention the LBUTTON.  This is the syntax I used "<{LBUTTON}"  for the start and ">{LBUTTON}" but again it didn't seem to work.  Below is the error I get when using LButton

Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Navigate2' on page 'Customer Delink' - Unsupported key LBUTTON

Sergio Guzman
Sr. Developer
Kaiser
America/Los_Angeles

HI Sergio,

I think the keycode string might be case sensitive. Try "<{LButton}" and ">{LButton}" instead of all-caps LBUTTON?

Patrick Aucoin
Blue Prism