cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with MS Outlook Email VBO

TakKwok
Level 4
Hi:
I am having issue with the MS Outlook Email VBO using the Get Received Items (Basic) where I am trying to retrieve unread e-mails and is getting the following msg:  Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Call was rejected by callee. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010001 (RPC_E_CALL_REJECTED))

I did check the Outlook trust center setting which seems to be fine (screen shot below) so I am not sure what the issue is. Appreciate any help.  Thanks.

8816.png
8817.png

------------------------------
Tak Kwok
Sr. Data Associate
SP Global
America/New_York
5 REPLIES 5

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@Tak Kwok,

It seems there are various things that could potentially cause this issue. Programmatic Access Security setting is one. Others include:
  • Whether the Outlook instance is properly installed/licensed?
  • Are there other Outlook windows (ex. a modal dialog) open that require you to dismiss them first? You can hover over the Outlook entry in the Task Bar and see if other windows are shown.
​Couple questions:
  • Was Outlook already running or did your automation start it?
  • Do you receive this error on any other actions in the VBO?
  • Does this happen on all machines or just a specific one?
  • What version of Blue Prism are you using?
  • It looks like you're not using the latest version of the VBO, available on the DX. Have you considered trying the latest version?
Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

What I found is that it works now if I put something else in another parameter like "Subject" when the Outlook is open. If Outlook is not open, it sometimes give me the same that says Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Call was rejected by callee. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010001 (RPC_E_CALL_REJECTED)). If I loop to try again a few times when it fails, it then seem to work.

Tak Kwok
Sr. Data Associate
SP Global
America/New_York

@Tak Kwok,

Ok. Yes, Outlook needs to be running before you use the VBO. As for the population of other properties, I tried with you specific example (just the Read and Unread flags) and it worked fine for me.​ As I mentioned, you might want to download the latest version of the VBO and give it a try.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

What I found is that it works now if I put something else in another parameter like "Subject". I also found that it will work the Outlook is open. If Outlook is not open, it sometimes give me the same that says Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Call was rejected by callee. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010001 (RPC_E_CALL_REJECTED)). If I loop to try again a few times when it fails, it then seem to work.

Tak Kwok
Sr. Data Associate
SP Global
America/New_York

Outlook does not need to be running in order for the VBO to work. The image in the opening post has the incorrect setting for the Trust Center - this should be set to 'Never warn me about suspicious activity'. Having it to any other setting will instead bring up a user prompt before Outlook can be used via the Interop library. If the dialog is either ignored or fails to present while on either of those two options, you'll get the rejected call error that's being encountered.

Ami Barrett
Solution Architect
Karsun Solutions
Plano TX