cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Outlook Email VBO not returning all Emails

AstridStollberg
Level 6
​​Hi,

I'm using "Get Received Items (basic)" action of the MS Outlook Email VBO to retrieve Emails from the Inbox of my default profile (Outlook client is not running at the time). It seems that it only returnes the Emails which have been in the Inbox the last time the client was running.
I've made several tests now and waited up to 10 mins after sending (from another machine) an Email to my account before running the "Get Received Items (basic)" action (only using one filter to return unread emails only). I'm never getting the new Emails...

By the way: if I do not set any filter (so if I wanted to get all Emails in my Inbox - and I have quite a few in there...) I'm getting following exception:
"Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Object variable or With block variable not set."
Seems like the MS Outlook Email VBO can't handle too many emails?

But the problem with the latest Emails not being synchronized when the Outlook client is not running is more important for me.

Any ideas?

------------------------------
Cheers Astrid
Cheers [FirstName]
3 REPLIES 3

GopalBhaire
Level 10
Try turning off cached mode for getting latest mails.

I think the internal error might be due to meeting items present in your folder. (Edit: This is handled in code so this is not it.)

Gopal Bhaire
Analyst
Accenture

Hi Gopal,

many thanks for your reply.

Disabling Cached Exchange Mode is prevented by policy in our company, but I hope I'll get an exception approval so that I can do some tests.

Cheers Astrid
Cheers [FirstName]

Hi Gopal,

I got the Cached Exchange Mode now disabled on one of my machines but it still doesn't work...

Any other ideas?

Cheers Astrid
Cheers [FirstName]