Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Outlook VBO- Forward Email

PaulCurran1
Level 4
Hi,

Hoping someone might be able to help.

I've been using the Ms Outlook VBO for the purpose of forwarding emails using 'Entry ID' as input.

My logic has been working perfectly up until now but all of a sudden ​I'm getting error 'Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: The operation failed'.

I believe the Entry ID is causing the problem and its not been seen by BP when executing the code. I'm using Outlook 2016.

Any ideas as to what the issue might be? As I say I'm aware forwarding some subfolders can cause issues so my solution ensures any folders are at the same level as 'inbox' and its worked fine until now.

Thanks in advance.
Paul.

------------------------------
Paul Curran
Developer
AXA Ireland
Europe/London
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Bryant,

Please see the article published by Microsoft below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/982697/by-default-shared-mail-folders-are-downloaded-in-cached-mode-in-outloo

It is absolutely needed to make Shared Mailbox to work. Hope this helps.

Bruce Liu
Senior Product Consultant, Professional Services
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney

View answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

AmiBarrett
Level 12
Just curious - You say that the Entry ID is not currently seen by BP. How are you trying to retrieve it? Is it immediately after parsing from Get Mail/Get Received Items, or are you interacting with the mail item between getting getting the initial info for it and forwarding it?

Ami Barrett
Lead RPA Software Developer
Solai & Cameron
Richardson, TX

Anonymous
Not applicable
i think you are not attached to the process. Put before each code an attach page to be sure you are on the right process id.

Cohen
RPA Developer

Romania

Hi,

I'm using 'Get Emails by Subject' from NEOOPs Ms Outlook VBO to retrieve the Entry ID on Process 1. I then interact with any applicable emails, save attachments, send attachments for OCR and then I move said email into another folder at the same level as 'Inbox'. I pass Item Data from this queue to the queue for Process 2.

Process 2 picks up the OCR output, runs through the remainder of the logic and at that stage I forward the original email to the business area. Its whenever I use 'Forward Email' from MS Outlook VBO that I get 'operation failed'. It can be a few days before the output is there to run Process 2.

I had thought that perhaps this delay between Process 1 and Process 2 could be causing this however I tested it with a new case and ran Process 1 and 2 within seconds and the error persists.

Thanks.

Paul CURRAN 
Certified BluePrism Developer
Robotics Team
AXA Insurance dac

Springtown Business Park

Derry, Co.Derry

BT48 0GY
T: 01 8876329
E
: paul.curran@axa.ie
https://f.datasrvr.com/f1/319/45371/signature.jpg7092.png

P Please consider the environment before printing this email.

------Original Message------

Just curious - You say that the Entry ID is not currently seen by BP. How are you trying to retrieve it? Is it immediately after parsing from Get Mail/Get Received Items, or are you interacting with the mail item between getting getting the initial info for it and forwarding it?

Ami Barrett
Solai & Cameron
Richardson, TX

When you move the mail, it's likely that the ID has changed. I took a look at the NEOOPS VBO and didn't like it that much, so I'm honestly not as familiar with it. I know that the one Blue Prism supplies, also on the exchange, will supply an updated mail id afterward in the outputs.

Ami Barrett
Solai & Cameron
Richardson, TX

Hello,

I am also having the same issue. I am using an extended MS Outlook VBO that allows me to get emails from a shared inbox within Excel (Ami I took the code from a post of yours). Directly after getting the received emails, I am looping through the items trying to save the email and attachments to a folder location. When trying to save, I'll get the error, "Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: The operation failed."

The issue is also fairly sporadic. Sometimes the flow will work without any issues and sometimes I will receive this error and I'm not sure why. The emails aren't being moved or interacted with between the time that the Entry ID's are grabbed and then used to save the items.

Thanks,
Bryant Backus

Bryant Backus

Hi Bryant,

Please see the article published by Microsoft below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/982697/by-default-shared-mail-folders-are-downloaded-in-cached-mode-in-outloo

It is absolutely needed to make Shared Mailbox to work. Hope this helps.

Bruce Liu
Senior Product Consultant, Professional Services
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney