cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Outlook VBO Internal Error

EricLiu
Level 5
Hi guys,

I have been using MAPIEX for my emails and now trying to move to MS Outlook VBO. However, when I try to do anything with it there is an error:  Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Cannot create ActiveX component.

I tried to look up this issue, from the old threads I found that it could be a dll issue. I am using BP v 6.4 and it comes with Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll. Am I missing anything else? Does MS Outlook VBO support v6.4? On the Digital Exchange site it shows only supporting v6.1 v6.1 v6.2 v6.3

Thanks,

------------------------------
Eric Liu

4 REPLIES 4

AkashSuhag
Level 2
check whether Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll file is added in MS Outlook VBO - On Initialise page -> Code options tab.
if not add the file and try.

Akash Suhag
RPA Developer
Webonise Labs
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Akash,

Yes,  Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll is added as one of the external references. Also  Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook is added in namespace imports.

Eric Liu
RPA Developer
Fidelity Investment Canada
America/Toronto

GopalBhaire
Level 10
Yes, MS Outlook VBO is supported in by version 6.4. It's better to switch over to Outlook VBO than using MapiEx.

Gopal Bhaire
Analyst
Accenture

ErikStonebreake
Level 2
I was also struggling with this error and just discovered this morning that despite Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll being in my GAC the "MS Outlook Email VBO" didn't stop having compile errors until I placed a copy of this DLL in the same directory as Automate.exe.  I even tried copying it to c:\windows\system32 but with no luck.

~E

Erik Stonebreaker
Solution Architect
SunTrust
America/New_York