Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Graph - SharePoint VBO Challenges

Kamal2017
Level 4
Hi Team,

I am looking for your help on 
Microsoft Graph - Sharepoint connector web API - action 'Update List Item Column Value'. I am able to run this successfully with request payload in json format as per the ask. However it looks that it doesn't update the new value/s.

I tried it multiple times with success but the response recieved from that call still holding the old value/s.

Anyone know if this action really works or I am doing something incorrectly ?

------------------------------
Kamal Ahmed RPA Developer
Sr. Programming Analyst
BNY Mellon
Asia/Kolkata
19 REPLIES 19

Hi @ewilson - Is there any way to get Site ID via SharePoint Online URL  ? It looks that all actions in this VBO needs Site id as key input however no action to get the Site ID via URL.​

Sr. Programming Analyst
BNY Mellon
Asia/Kolkata

@Kamal2017,

Have you looked at the actions Get Root Site or List Followed Sites? You can also try entering the actual hostname of the site as the ID (ex. mysite.sharepoint.com) as some Graph endpoints support that.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Hi @ewilson,

Get Root Site action give us the console (company) id like blueprism.shapoint.com not to the exact site URL we are looking for. While List Followed Sites can give us the site id however it have a dependancy on users to have all those sites marked as favorite.

I am looking for an action to GET site id by passing Token and URL as inputs and provide respective URL site id as one the output paramater.

Sr. Programming Analyst
BNY Mellon
Asia/Kolkata

@Kamal2017,

I'm not sure I'm following you. Are you looking for a subsite of the root site? If so, take a look at the Get Subsites action.​ You pass in the root site (ex. blueprism.sharepoint.com) and it will return a list of all subsites of that root site.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

Hi @ewilson,

​No, not looking for a subsite of the root site.  I am simply looking to get the Site ID of any URL. (ex. blueprism.sharepoint.com/xxx/xxxx/xxx)

Sr. Programming Analyst
BNY Mellon
Asia/Kolkata

@Kamal2017,

If your example, you have the hostname of the SharePoint site.​ You can use that in many of the Graph calls. If you want the actual UUID of the site you can use the Get Site by Site ID action and pass in the hostname of the site. This will return the general data of the site including the UUID for the site. Here's an example response for a test site of mine where I used the hostname with the above action.

8773.png
Cheers,

Eric Wilson

Hi @ewilson,

The Get Site by Site ID action will still need site id as input. I am looking for a simple action to input URL (like blueprism.sharepoint.com/xxx/xxxx/) as Input and giving Site Id as Output. ​

Sr. Programming Analyst
BNY Mellon
Asia/Kolkata

@Kamal2017,

Yes, Get Site by Site ID takes a sites ID as input in order to return details about the sites definition - including its full ID.​ What my last post showed is that you can pass the host name portion of the SharePoint site's URL in as the site ID and the action will succeed.

From your example, I could pass in blueprism.sharepoint.com as the site ID and get back the sites info record.

Does that make sense?

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

Hi @ewilson,

Looking for another help on this VBO. I have used both Get Lists and Get Subsites , Get All Drives and Get Drive Items action, however none of this is reflecting the list of folders I have on that site.​​

Any idea if am i missing any action to get this list of folders on that site id ?

Sr. Programming Analyst
BNY Mellon
Asia/Kolkata

@Kamal2017,

If you have the site ID, you can use a series of actions to get to a list of folders. Here are the steps:

1. You can use Get All Drives or Get Default Drive Details to get the driveId for the SharePoint site. If your site uses multiple OneDrive instances you'll want to use Get All Drives and iterate over all the drives to get all the folders.
  2. After you have the driveId, use Get Root Folder ID to get the ID of the top level folder.
  3. With the driveId and root folderId, you can use the Get Drive Items action to get a list of all items in that specific folder (including other folders).
  4. Then you make additional calls to Get Drive Items using the IDs of the child folders.
  5. Repeat step #4 as long as you're finding more child folders.
How do you identify an item as a folder in the response from Get Drive Items? The response data will include a folder facet in the JSON. Here's an example:
8798.png
Cheers,

​​

Eric Wilson