cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Information Protection - Configuration Problem

NikitaAkimenko
Level 2
Hi Digital Exchange Community,

I am currently testing the new "Microsoft Information Protection VBO" in BluePrism 7.1.
According to the user manual I have already added
Microsoft.Identity.Client.dll
Microsoft.IdentityModel.Abstractions.dll
Microsoft.InformationProtection.dll
into the installation folder "C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate".

The following exception occurred with the "Get Labels" action:

LoadLibrary failed for: [C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\x86\mip_dotnet.dll] Microsoft Information Protection::Get Labels

After adding the mip_dotnet.dll to "C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\x86" the problem persists.

Could you please update the UsersGuide Prerequisites page or give me a hint on the configuration steps I may have missed?

Thank you!

------------------------------
Nikita Akimenko
1 REPLY 1

GeoffHirst
Staff
Staff
Hi Nikita,

Thank you for being an SS&C Blue Prism customer and for your interest in the MIP VBO.

I will be completely clear with you, I have not tested the asset with V7. It is on my list. I also updated it yesterday but I have omitted a key item that I think may help you. There are a heap of files that are needed in the x86 folder, that I have failed to document so my apologies. I hope these will help get you working.

Along with mip_dotnet.dll you need the following files that are shown in the file I have attached. Now, it is not immediately obvious what these files do, or where they come from. My suggestion to you is, if you have access to Visual Studio 2019, there is a community edition create a simple dotnet framework application that uses the MIP framework assemblies. When you build, there will be both an x86 and an x64 folder (depending on how you build the app) the contents of this x86 folder is what you need and copy those items over to the equivalent folder in the Blue Prism Automate folder.

I will update the user guide with this information, thank you for the reminder. Please come back to me if this fails to resolve your issue.

regards

Geoff Hirst
Senior DX Engineer - Digital Exchange - EMEA
SS&C Blue Prism
Geoff Hirst Senior DX Engineer - Digital Exchange - EMEA SS&C Blue Prism