cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Common Object Replace with new version from DX

arghya.b
Level 5
HI All,

I have customize object name for common object in blueprism. Like we imported the "Utility - File Management"  object as "Utility - File Management (Original)".
Now i want to replace it with the new version available with DX.

How i can import/overwrite so that all the process using it will not break?

Also if i delete and import it , then it will assign a new ID for the same object will it break my process which having reference to that object ?

------------------------------
Arghya Bhattacharyya
Senior Consultant
Asia/Kolkata
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Arghya Bhattacharyya

​I've come up with a crazy idea to solve this.

But first to all, I am not responsible if anything else breaks, do this with care.

And another recomendation, I think, the best way is to rename the altered VBO, not the original. But, whatever:

I try to make a simple example with the "Utility - JSON", Save As with the name "Utility - Json (Original)" and I make a process that call one of the internal actions

7471.png
Then, download the new VBO version from the DX store, and edit it with a Notepad. (I use Notepadd++, but the result is the same, just edit it)

As you can see in the image bellow, the object name is indicated in this text.

7472.png
I replace the original name with the new custome name and import the new edited file

7473.png
I insist that I take no responsibility for this kind of fiddling. I am sure that more than one would burn me at the stake for doing this.

Hope this helps you!!

See you in the Community, bye!!

Pablo Sarabia
Solution Manager & Architect
Altamira Assets Management
Madrid

@PabloSarabia  Thanks for the reply.

But if we edit XML and import the object it will overwrite the actual object with the new name.
For example in your case if you have ​"Utility - JSON" AND "Utility - Json (Original)" both in your blue prism database and you want to import new version with the "Utility - Json (Original)" name then if you follow XML editing option then your "Utility - JSON" object will replace with the new object and name will change to "Utility - Json (Original)" because the process id is same for the Utility - JSON and new incoming object.

So we cannot follow this way, if we want then we should know the Object id for "Utility - Json (Original)" from DB and change into XML.
7475.png

The deleting object and import with the same name will work , but i want to confirm if any Object Id is referencing in any where or not.

Arghya Bhattacharyya
Senior Consultant
Asia/Kolkata