cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle MDA on Digital Exchange

Benjamin__Moore
Level 4

Hello,

We recently attempted to use the Oracle MDA asset from the Digital Exchange to speed up process development. However, we encountered an issue: the DLL was not available with the asset, we then obtained the DLL from Nuget. Unfortunately, when we imported the object, it would not run, and we received the error message “The type initializer for ‘Oracle.ManagedDataAccess.Client.OracleCommand’ threw an exception.” We’re unsure of the specific cause of this error.

Subsequently, we conducted tests using PowerShell and successfully built a custom object using the same DLL and essentially the same VB.NET code blocks.

Our question is: How do other Blue Prism users manage to make this object work without updating it?

3 REPLIES 3

GeoffHirst
Staff
Staff

Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for being a SS&C Blue Prism Customer and for using Blue Prism. I am sorry to hear you have had some difficulty with this asset.

The asset has a requirement of a specific version of the Oracle Managed Data Access client and as such, when this dll is updated it sometimes causes issues with the other dlls available in the Blue Prism folder. The error you mentioned, I have not seen previously but if you are still having issues, please do let me know and I will work with you to resolve them.

I hope this explains the issue satisfactorily and if you have any further questions please come back to us here.

Once again, thank you for using Blue Prism.

regards

Geoff Hirst Senior DX Engineer - Digital Exchange - EMEA SS&C Blue Prism

Hi @Benjamin__Moore ,

This was a known issue back in 2022 when I was helping someone here in one of the older thread

But, once we had the DLL updated from Nuget, the issue was fixed and we were able to use the business object just fine.

Not sure if DX Exchange asset got updated after that since I haven’t tried it anymore but I can tell that there are times when we do see some business objects have DLL dependencies where the code stage does break as the related DLL’s are not being updated properly. To mitigate such issues what we do is basically have a central version control repository to maintain the dependent DLL files along with the release file and the relevant code files.

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the best answer

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

----------------------------------

sonuiiml
Level 5

Hi @Benjamin__Moore  We are using blue pism Oracle MDA tool for the last couple of years. Well i believe, you need to place Oracle.ManagedDataAccess.dll file in blue prismoautomate folder. We used C# to run some stored procedures. Please find the link below to get the dll file and the package
Running PL/SQL queries in Oracle MDA Master utilit... - SS&C Blue Prism Community