cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook read emails from multiple shared mailboxes set up in same outlook - Facing issue

Hi team,

We want to read emails from subfolders of different shared mailboxes set up in a bots outlook account.

So in my outlook, I have 1 local bot's email account and 5 more shared email boxes.

We want to read emails from all these 5 shared mailboxes one by one and that is where it fails. So as temporary we are moving emails from the 5 shared mailboxes to the local bot's account and then running our process.

Because using the outlook VBO we are able to read emails from a local bots email account.

Currently, we are not able to read from any of the 5 shared mailboxes as VBO throws "code not found/stage does not exist, etc errors" maybe because the bot is not able to read the shared mailbox.

We are using the latest outlook advanced VBO that we have from Blue Prism on DX.

We tried tweaking the code after reading different community threads but had no success.

Is there any solution to this?

------------------------------
Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. RPA Consultant-Automation Developer
7 REPLIES 7

Neel1
MVP
Hello Tejas - Are you using the Outlook Shared VBO introduced by BP specially for reading from shared mailbox?

Neeraj Kumar
Software Engineer

Oh, I'm not aware of the new Shared VBO. Upon search, these are the results. Can you tell me which one are you referring to?

8009.png

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji

We had the same Requirement on reading mail from Shared Mailbox. Once i reach out to Support team i came to know that with version 6.8 a shared mailbox VBO was introduced. i attached the same here. Please check if it help you.

Neeraj Kumar
Software Engineer

Thanks Neeraj. Can you please upload ZIP because it does not allow to download?

If I save XML and load in BP it throws a parse error so if you can provide ZIP.

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji

Hello Tejas - I uploaded the zip file.

Neeraj Kumar
Software Engineer

Please try with Google drive link :- Uploading ZIP file is giving error.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14PHq5PHVHxEMhwoeeu4PPaD6d2gTyLzQ/view?usp=sharing

Neeraj Kumar
Software Engineer

Hi Neeraj, Thanks for sharing the link.

I tried to compare VBO present in automate folder, the one that you provided and the one from DX all look the same.

I guess the VBO provided out of the box is the same on DX.

So I ended up with same error.

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji