cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFTP

pavanikoduri
Level 3
Hi,

I would like to get/post a file from sftp server, so is there any object available from blue prism? or any best method.

Thanks Pavani

------------------------------
pavani koduri
RPA Consulatant
Pearson
Europe/London
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Way ahead of you on that. I'm attaching a file - rename the extension from .txt to .bprelease.

This is built off of WinSCP and Renci SSHNet. The VBO expects the following files to reside within c:\bp (A general-use directory we have on our bots, you can change this as-needed):
-Renci.SshNet.dll
-Renci.SshNet.xml
-WinSCP.exe
-WinSCPnet.dll

Edit:
Looking back on this, I'm recalling that this was abandoned mid-development. Everything should work fine, save for the rsa 2048 stages. Those have most of the groundwork done, and just need the host key to be integrated.

Edit2:
It looks like to get the host key to work, you'll need to add the following to the sessionOptions section of the code stages
.SshHostKeyFingerprint = "ssh-rsa "+hostKey

Ami Barrett
Lead RPA Software Developer
Solai & Cameron
Richardson, TX

View answer in original post

7 REPLIES 7

GaneshRaj
Level 2
Hi

You could launch command prompt from Blueprism process. Install WinSCP on the robot VDI and pass a script to perform operations from your SFTP location.

The following link has more details about how to script SFTP operations. https://winscp.net/eng/docs/scripting

GANESHRAJ JEEVARAJ
Automation Developer
Aviva
Europe/London

Thanks, Ganeshraj..i am using the python script which is easier than this process, so I am asking the BP whether they have any integration or not? Thanks

pavani koduri
RPA Consulatant
Pearson
Europe/London

Hi Pavani,

I'm not aware of an existing SFTP integration. At least there aren't any on the DX. I have kicked around the idea of building one on top of WinSCP. Just haven't had the time.

Eric Wilson
Director, Partner Integrations for Digital Exchange
Blue Prism

Way ahead of you on that. I'm attaching a file - rename the extension from .txt to .bprelease.

This is built off of WinSCP and Renci SSHNet. The VBO expects the following files to reside within c:\bp (A general-use directory we have on our bots, you can change this as-needed):
-Renci.SshNet.dll
-Renci.SshNet.xml
-WinSCP.exe
-WinSCPnet.dll

Edit:
Looking back on this, I'm recalling that this was abandoned mid-development. Everything should work fine, save for the rsa 2048 stages. Those have most of the groundwork done, and just need the host key to be integrated.

Edit2:
It looks like to get the host key to work, you'll need to add the following to the sessionOptions section of the code stages
.SshHostKeyFingerprint = "ssh-rsa "+hostKey

Ami Barrett
Lead RPA Software Developer
Solai & Cameron
Richardson, TX

Hi!

I was developing a VBO solution for file transfer using winscp.dll and SFTP protocol and I am looking at this solution you shared. Excellent  @AmiBarrett Good Job!!

Regards

Jhogel Ponne
Senior RPA
Ernst & Young
America/Panama

Ami Barrett,

could you help me in the use of this vbo, the following message has been presented.

6799.png6800.png

Code:

Dim clsRequest As System.Net.FtpWebRequest = _
DirectCast(WebRequest.Create(FTPTargetFile), FtpWebRequest)
clsRequest.Credentials = New NetworkCredential(FTPUsername, FTPPassword)
clsRequest.Method = WebRequestMethods.Ftp.ListDirectory

Dim reader As New StreamReader(clsRequest.GetResponse().GetResponseStream())
Dim line = reader.ReadLine()
Dim lines As New DataTable

lines.Columns.Add("fileName")

Do Until line Is Nothing
lines.Rows.Add(line)
line=reader.ReadLine()
Loop

Files = lines

Tiago silva

Try removing the ftp:\\ from the address.

Ami Barrett
Solution Architect
Karsun Solutions
Plano TX