cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blue prism 6.10.5 chrome v117

james.keefe
Level 3

Hi,

on our BP6.10.5, Since chrome has been updated to v117 recently we are having trouble spying elements in any mode, the vms that have not been updated that are on v116 seem fine - checkbox is already on browser extension connectivity in settings - is anyone else having issues?

------------------------------
James Keefe
Blue Prism Developer
TalkTalk Business
Europe/London
5 REPLIES 5

harish.m
Level 12

Hi James Keefe,

There is a post related to UIA spy mode, but  based on my observation able to spy other modes. I would suggest to try to remove and add the extensions and restart the browser and vm then try again, whether it will change anything.

UIA Mode 
https://community.blueprism.com/discussion/uia-spy-method-not-working?ReturnUrl=%2fcontent%2fallrecentposts

Knowledge base article:
https://support.blueprism.com/en/support/solutions/articles/7000084193--notification-updated-18-sept-23-latest-versions-of-chrome-and-edge-browsers-causing-issues-with-u

For UI mode to work you need to  command "add -force-renderer-accessibility=complete"

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer"

Harish Mogulluri
Lead developer
America/New_York TX
----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

Hi, from the article- the --force-renderer-accessibility=complete option is not helping some of our processes - we can't seem to spy elements in any mode following the v117 update. on the article there is this option - 

Alternatively, it is possible enable this option via Google Chrome itself without performing code change on the object level by going to chrome://accessibility/ and enabling the five options shown below:

However the problem we're getting is that once these boxes are ticked, when we close and reopen they are no longer there. any ideas how to get around that?

thanks

James

James Keefe
Blue Prism Developer
TalkTalk Business
Europe/London

Hi James Keefe,

Check below thread. It has both turn on and turn off the  accesibility mode.

https://support.google.com/chrome/thread/128103339/web-accessibility-getting-checked-off-in-accessibility?hl=en

You can try this( This is to turn off but  at the end mentioned for turn on as well)
  1. Close all Chrome windows.
  2. Run Command Prompt as an Administrator.
  3. Type   cd "path to where chrome.exe is on your computer"
    Example:
    cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application"
  4. Type   chrome.exe --disable-renderer-accessibility
chrome://accessibility/ should look like this after doing that:
Chrome should stop ticking the check box on even if you switch back and forth between tabs.
Just take note that any future launches will not retain this setting if you don't run Chrome thru Command again (e.g. if you launch Chrome using the icon).
If the settings don't automatically reset back to default and you need them turned on, you can reverse it by repeating steps 1-3 but type   chrome.exe --force-renderer-accessibility   instead.

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer"

Harish Mogulluri
Lead developer
America/New_York TX

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

Yes, we are also facing this issue now after the new chrome update.

I've given feedback on that knowledge article because the Chrome settings are not getting saved so that article needs to be actively updated for all the details and the resolution.

Appending " --force-renderer-accessibility=complete" to URL so far seems to be working.

E.g. "www.google.com --force-renderer-accessibility=complete"

Article 

If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer".

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji - https://www.linkedin.com/in/tejaskumardarji/
Technical Lead

Thanks for the reply Harish.

I tried the above in cmd prompt with 
7222.png- it opens chrome and going into accessibility the boxes are already ticked now, however closing and reopening chrome reverts back to them all being unticked again. not ideal but i guess we'll have to revert to v116 unless theres way to keep accessibility on.

regards

James

James Keefe
Blue Prism Developer
TalkTalk Business
Europe/London