cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism reads flag as True when its False

EdBailey
Level 3
I have a collection (Item Data) that has a flag field. When I reference this field as part of an input to a business object the value is being read as True even when set to False. Is this a bug? I'm using Blue Prism v7

625.jpg
626.jpg

Part of me thinks it must be user error but I've checked everything I can think of and recreated the references and its still reading incorrectly

------------------------------
Ed Bailey
Service Management Analyst
Bupa Ltd
Europe/London
3 REPLIES 3

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @EdBailey.

Does it read the field incorrectly when you actually run the process in debug or from Control Room? I don't think this is a bug. This is just the way the ​Evaluate Expression feature works when you're in design mode. In other words, if you're using Evaluate Expression during design, Blue Prism has no idea what record it's supposed to be looking at in the Collection. Now, if you see the same behavior while stepping through the process in debug, then it would be a bug.

Does that make sense?

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Hi Eric

Yes that makes sense, thanks. Unfortunately it does read the field incorrectly as it passes the true value into a business object that then enters the wrong value into the application I am automating. This only came to light as part of UAT when I started running real test cases through my process. 

Ed Bailey
Bupa Ltd
Europe/London

Ah, actually its not passing the incorrect value into the business object (at least not today anyway). There is a different issue in the business object that's causing the incorrect value to be entered.

Ed Bailey
Bupa Ltd
Europe/London