cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bp Server Configuration

Hi 
 This is sravya. Recently I have downloaded Bp version 7. Now all my processes are not available in version 7. Now I am trying to configure my Blue prism server in my ways. But I am not able to connect or start the Blue Prism server. It is showing error when I started from local services. It has been waiting forever when I started from the Blue prism server configuration. Can anyone help me with this issue?

Regards,
Sravya
507.png

------------------------------
sravya chintham
14 REPLIES 14

Hi Jerin,

As you said earlier, I have tried everything but i am not able to join domain in my pc. Can you help me with the issue? The domain is disabled in my PC.

Regards,
Sravya

sravya chintham

Hi Sravya,

It is not important whether your computer is joined in a domain or not. If you are in a domain, you may be able to utilise a domain service account for the service; if not, there are many other ways you can tap into, e.g. use a SQL Server login for your BP database connection and then use LocalSystem for your BP Server service.

Bruce Liu
Senior Product Consultant, Professional Services
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney

Hi Sravya,

Make sure when you configure the database connection behind the app server, please ensure you pick SQL Server (SQL Authentication) as opposed to SQL Server (Windows Authentication). You will then need to supply a set of SQL Server credential that has the right permissions to the Blue Prism database. For detailed permissions required, please refer to bpdocs.blueprism.com. For example, you can find Blue Prism v7 requirement here. In this way, you can leave the Blue Prism Server service to use Local System.

481.png

Bruce Liu
Senior Product Consultant, Professional Services
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney

​Hi Sravya,

If your system is not Joined to a Domain please follow instructions from @Bruce Liu

configuring server service is important if you need scheduler to work and you want to store the encryption key is server configuration. rest of the blueprism capabilities can be used via direct DB connection. even the credential manager can be put into use by configuring encryption schema pointing to database.​​

Jerin Jose
Technical Product Owner
EY
Asia/Kolkata
*"If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer, .*

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for the reply. As you suggested I used SQL Server authentication in Blue Prism. It worked fine in blue prism, I have created valid database,
 BP server also configured well. Even though I am getting the same error in services while starting the BP server. Please help me to resolve the issue. I am trying in every possible way. It was working in previous version, I don't know what went wrong now. Please help me.

499.png
Regards,
Sravya

sravya chintham