cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Cell Value - Special Character

SantosR_S
Level 2
Hi guys!

I'm trying to pass a special character () to Excel via "Set Cell Value", but after stage completion the field in worksheet is blank, I'm pulling the value of a data item from another page (no Hide flag) and making the expression ([Char] & " " & [Value result]), without parentheses, of course, If I add any other character next to the euro dollar sign, the operation completes and both are written, but just the dollar sign, or the dollar sign with a space (" ") doesn't work. Any ideas? I wanted to solve this without going into the code part, as I have no experience, but I would try if it was the only way.

It is worth mentioning that I have the same expression with the US dollar sign ($) and this one works without any problem.

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @Santos R S,

What version of Blue Prism are you using? Are you using the latest MS Excel VBO from the DX or the VBO that shipped with version of Blue Prism? What locale are you set to in the O/S and Blue Prism? I've tried creating a Text data item and setting it's initial value to the Euro sign and then placed it in a cell using the Set Call Value action. Everything seems to work fine.

I'm on an English (US) O/S with an English v6.10.3 Blue Prism. Using the latest Excel VBO from the DX.

Cheers,
Eric​

SantosR_S
Level 2
*I don't know if the previous message was sent, so I'm sending it again.*

Hi Eric, thanks for replying.

I'm using BP version 7.0.0 with the VBO that comes with the version, my system is in Brazilian Portuguese and Blue prism is in English. I believe the problem is related to the fact that the euro dollar sign is a special character and the dollar sign is not, my goodness. Anyway, I decided to change the shape of the thing and now I'm trying to create a new page using a macro to interact with the worksheet and change the currency, I think it's been a good exercise 🙂 .