cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code Stage (code proprerties) vs .NET Custom Method (DLL )Thanls

MassimilianoBel
Level 4
Hi , in term of performance and usability it a best solution to implement a custom methods inside a c# method in refer in the Code Tab of Code Stage, insteand put the implementation of c# method directly code tab of code stage ?

Thanks​

------------------------------
asd max
15 REPLIES 15

That's entirely up to you and your company. Do you have a CoE or some sort of Governance board or are you just doing this yourself? At a minimum you might want to speak with your IT organization about this.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Partner Integrations for Digital Exchange
Blue Prism

technically I have to install the DLL in the BluePrism folder?

Massimiliano Bellisario

You can supply a full file path to any dll file, provided all systems using that VBO can resolve the exact same path.

Ami Barrett
Automation Developer, Team Lead
Blue Prism
Plano, TX

hi, but in enterprise environment i can distribuite the DLL in some virtual machine...how ?
can you give me an example"full file path to any dll file, provided all systems using that VBO can resolve the exact same path." ?
thanks

Massimiliano Bellisario

The DLL just needs to be in a place that all workers using the VBOs can see. You can either copy the file to each worker, or put it in a shared file location. 

The image below demonstrates using a combination of references, using the PATH available to the application (includes any references in system PATH settings and the same folder that the executable lives in), as well as a direct file path. Both are valid. The full path in the image happens to exist locally on all systems I've deployed this particular VBO on. You could, in theory, instead supply a path to a dll on a shared drive (IE: "R:\Path\To\Reference.dll"). But again, there is a potential for networked share drives to not be accessible until Windows (not Blue Prism) has had a chance to open the connection first, most reliably done via File Explorer.
332.png

Ami Barrett
Automation Developer, Team Lead
Blue Prism
Plano, TX

If i put the DLL in share path (network) it is possible that BP lock the DLL file ?
Thanks

Massimiliano Bellisario