cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing VBO's to include a timeout

CalumMcKenna1
Level 2

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible / have experience in editing the Blue Prism VBO's, specifically to add a timeout if the action isn't completed within a certain amount of time?

We have an issue with the Outlook 'programmatic access' popup due to our organisations security settings. At the moment we are not sure whether we can change the Trust Centre settings to allow access – I have read various threads and articles explaining how to change this access, but as I do not have admin rights I cannot do it myself and our IT security team don't seem too keen on it. We also can't send emails via the Exchange/SDK etc – Outlook VBO appears to be our only option (other than using Outlook via a browser, but that's not a preferred option by us developers).

When the 'Send Email' action is called, the Outlook popup appears – without manual intervention it does not disappear. We are looking into whether it's possible to edit the Outlook VBO 'Send Email' action to timeout intentionally after 5 seconds (for example) so that the popup remains active, we can then call an object to click 'allow' on the popup and then call the 'Send Email' action again.

Any advice/hints/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

[We are using BP v6.9.0 and Outlook 365 version 2103 build 13901.20516 Click-to-Run]

------------------------------
Calum McKenna
2 REPLIES 2

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @CalumMcKenna1,

I'd probably look at creating a new action on the VBO that handles just getting Outlook started and displaying that pop-up as opposed to including it in the "Send Email" action.

Are you guys using Microsoft 365? If so, have you considered using the Microsoft Graph API for working with Outlook? There's a connector on the Digital Exchange already built for Outlook. You can find it here.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Partner Integrations for Digital Exchange
Blue Prism

Hi Eric,

We only see the popup when attempting to perform an action in Outlook (read/write/send etc) rather than just launching unfortunately, but it's something that I'll look into. 

We are using 365 but not the Graph API - again something that I'll look into. 

Thanks for the advice, I'll let you know how we get on.

Calum McKenna