cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about code language

VratHimbo
Level 6
Hi team,
i'm new here and I would like some information about blue prism ecosystem.
Except for C#, the VB used by blue prism is VB6 and not VB.NET, correct?
In that case, there is a post, someone can advise me about some good courses to masterize BP?

Thanks in advance

------------------------------
andrea
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hello Andrea,

In BP University, there isn't any specific course on writing VB.Net code in code stages.  But if you already have VBA code, there are many online resources that you can find in Google search which helps/provides instructions on converting VBA to VB.Net code.  Once converted you can paste the code in relevant code stages and add necessary library references and import namespaces before testing the code.

Best regards,

Krishna A
Blue Prism
Krishna A [CompanyName]

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

VratHimbo
Level 6
up pls

andrea alfani

Hello Andrea,

BluePrism supports VB.Net as well.  Suggest you register yourself in BP portal and to begin with enroll BP Foundation course.  Once you complete the foundation course, you will have insights on the next steps.  Or come back and post here for the directions.

Here is the link to Developer Mandatory Training offered in BP University

https://blue-prism.docebosaas.com/learn/course/internal/view/elearning/220/blue-prism-developer-mandatory-training-es

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Krishna A
Blue Prism
Krishna A [CompanyName]

Thank you Krishna.
I've just completed the foundation training and the next step, but university doesn't give you directions for custom coding stage.

For example now, my objective is to translate a VBA code in BP VB.

So coding language is not VB6 in blue prism but vb.net?

Thanks

andrea alfani

Hello Andrea,

In BP University, there isn't any specific course on writing VB.Net code in code stages.  But if you already have VBA code, there are many online resources that you can find in Google search which helps/provides instructions on converting VBA to VB.Net code.  Once converted you can paste the code in relevant code stages and add necessary library references and import namespaces before testing the code.

Best regards,

Krishna A
Blue Prism
Krishna A [CompanyName]