cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Email Action

Uday_bhanSingh
Level 2

Hi All, I am new to Blueprism, 

I am trying to use send email action in Email pop3/smtp VBO but this action is throwing this error msg "Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Failure sending mail. - Unable to connect to the remote server" .
Note : Initially it is throwing this error but few days ago it was working although i haven't changed anything but from today onwards it is not working again showing same error.

Thanks is advance...

------------------------------
Uday bhan Singh
3 REPLIES 3

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hello @Uday_bhanSingh,

So at the beginning you were getting this error, then it started working correctly, and now you're back to getting the error? If so, that shows there's nothing wrong with the VBO itself. You have a network routing issue or possibly an issue on the mail server itself.​

What mail server are you trying to use? Is it something owned by your company (ex. an on-prem Exchange server) or a 3rd party service like GMail? Have you conducted any network tests (ex. trace route or ping) to verify you can reach the server?

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Hi Eric,
Thanks for reply.
I am using Gmail server and i have tested it using ping. Network is fine as i am getting response for ping command 

Uday bhan Singh

@Uday_bhanSingh,

Are you using an App Password or your regular Google password with your credentials? Can you share a screenshot of the properties you've set on the Configure action of the POP3/SMTP VBO? Does it look something like this?

397.png
Cheers,​

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange