cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning state Root causes

Hi All,

Just wanted to understand what are the possible root causes of machines going to warning states?

------------------------------
Ritansh Jatwani Senior Consultant
Consultant
EY
Gurgaon
*If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi Ritansh,

This was something i was also curious when we were monitoring the automations on control room.

As far as I got to know from my experience is - when ever a certain action runs and it keeps on that stage for few seconds which is above normal time, then we get to see the warning sign for that stage on control room.
For our case- we have few excel macros to be run, when ever the run macro stages executes it used to take some time as the excel loads/refreshes the data, till that time it shows as warning state.

Would like to here from others as well.

MuraliKrishna
RPA Consultant

MalakDudhia1
Level 5
Hi Ritansh,

Very good question -

Possible Reasons -

-Excel Pop Up or Message box which bot cannot handle

- Outlook password prompt due password incorrect or exipired and stuck on send email stage.

- Machine logged out and you started process on it.
- Sometime bot cannot do login vm and stuck on authentication stage.

-With Best Regards 
Malak Dudhia

Sr. RPA Consultant
Wonderbotz LLC

Malak Dudhia

MalakDudhia1
Level 5
Generally immediate stop or request stop will not work. You need to perform manually actions while warning state like insert correct password for outlook or click on message or pop up box..

If you run process in loggedout state then you have to restart the vm.

Malak Dudhia

Thanks @krishna.kodimurali9 for the response. I have experienced the same when the bot is stuck at a particular stage for a particular time and is not able to come out of that stage, it goes to warning stage and the error generally comes on wait stages only. But i have seen scenarios where the bot is working fine for transactions and suddenly, for one transaction, the screen element is not found. I was just wondering how it could be possible and why it didn't throw exception?

Consultant
EY
Gurgaon

Thanks @MalakDudhia1 for the possible answers. These are very genuine cases which you have shared. I have also experienced the same thing. But i was wondering why sometimes it works for some transactions and sometimes got stuck in warning state for some others​

Consultant
EY
Gurgaon