cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SERVICE Automation [V6] - Advanced Training INPUT Section

LizHeibel
Level 3
Hi All,

I'm working on SERVICE Automation [V6] - Advanced Training. I downloaded it from Blue Prism university.
35111.png
There is the Exercise 3.1.2 Radio Buttons and Checkboxes:
"Input for these types of controls is simply a case of sending a Global Mouse Click to the center of the region. The slight complication is that we need to read the control first to make sure we know whether a click will select or unselect.
• Add a two-branch Wait stage to the Set Details page as before so that you can detect whether the Verified checkbox is ticked or not. On the ‘not ticked’ branch, add a Navigate stage to click the checkbox.
• The Gender input is a little more work because it has two radio buttons, but the same principle applies – check the current state and then click if necessary."

Did anyone complete it? I don't understand the second part about the Gender radio button. Am I supposed to
pretend that I have information to enter and, depending on the case (let's say the gender is male), check if any of the two radio buttons is chosen and if it is Male, then move on. If it is Female, change it by using a Navigate Stage. And if none is chosen, then choose Male.
35112.pngI was under the impression that we are starting it as NEW =, so nothing is chosen.

This guide is very confusing to me! 
1 REPLY 1

Hello Liz

Thank you for contacting the Blue Prism community.

One method is you can decide whether the input value is a female or male then do the logic like this:

35108.png

35109.png
35110.png------------------------------
Hossein Azimi
Senior Product Support Engineer
Blue Prism
Sydney, Australia
------------------------------