cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access denied

VipinMadathum_P
Level 4
Dear All,

We are getting Access denied issue in our PROD environment when we send Global Send Keys into the Chrome Download Save As File name text box.

When we watch the process running, we do not see this issue. This happens only when we run w/o watching it. We are using login agent to login to the VDI. I saw a few posts here mentioning that it could be some sort of permission issue. But not sure why it works when we watch it. We use the same credentials to login to the bot to watch it as well as for the login agent.

Could some one please guide as to what could be causing this issue?

Thanks,
Vipin

------------------------------
Vipin Madathum Padikkal
5 REPLIES 5

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
If you are using RDP to watch the VDI then that could be the issue, and there are myriad posts in these forums on the topic.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

PrasanthChiruku
Level 4
Hi Vipin,

This issue occurs when you trying to download any files into a particular folder where the current login user doesn't have permission to download the file into the current system due to your process working in VDI.

To Check this issue get the exact folder example file path looks like -  \\Client\$\Username\Desktop\Download Files
Without VDI file looks- C:\Username\Desktop\Download Files

I hope you find the above information is useful.

Prasanth Chirukuri
RPA Developer
iOPEX Technologies
Asia/Kolkata

​Hi John & Prashant,

We figured out that the mandatory policies required for Global Send Keys to work had changed. Ran on another VDI and it worked just fine.

Thanks,
Vipin

Vipin Madathum Padikkal

Hi Vipin,
I am having the same issue, can you elaborate on what you mean by "mandatory policies required for Global Send Keys" . I know this post is old but I am at a loss as to what is happening.
Thanks!
June

June Siravo
Analyst
FIAM
America/New_York

Hi June,

If I remember correctly it was something related to the lock screen policies which were supposed to be setup when running a process on the VDI remotely.

We somehow had those policies overwritten and we found that the screen was getting locked so the activate was failing with access denied error. 

Thanks,
Vipin

Vipin Madathum Padikkal