cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action "Get CSV Text As Collection" is reading Square Brackets as Round Brackets

PawanPanjwani
Level 3

Hello Community Members,

Hope you all are doing well. I tried searching for this issue but could not find any matching post. 

I am reading a CSV file with the help of Object: Utility File Management & Action: Get CSV Text As Collection. Input First Line Is Header as True. Data is read successfully in collection.

However when I see in collection, I can see that all the Headers having Square Brackets are turned into round brackets. For E.g. Total [Deposits] header is changed to Total (Deposits). Now this is creating a problem as I am later on using VBA Macro which uses Header names and I cant change VBA Macros.

One solution which I could think of is to use action Replace in Excel Worksheet after Write Collection. However I wanted to see if this is a known issue and if Blueprism can do something to rectify this in future releases.

Thanks & Regards,
Pawan Panjwani
Automation Consultant
Tata Consultancy Services

1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

ewilson
Staff
Staff

Hi @PawanPanjwani1 

You might want to open a ticket with support to check this one. I think that may be expected behavior because square brackets in Blue Prism indicate a data item name.

Cheers,
Eric

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ewilson
Staff
Staff

Hi @PawanPanjwani1 

You might want to open a ticket with support to check this one. I think that may be expected behavior because square brackets in Blue Prism indicate a data item name.

Cheers,
Eric

PawanPanjwani
Level 3

Thanks Eric. Yeah this can be a expected behaviour, but I just wanted to see if this can be fixed in future. I will raise a support ticket. Thanks again.