cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Accessibility - capture unique elements

MariaKihlberg
Level 4
Hi, I am using a combination od Win/html/AA for a browser-based application. I have a hard time getting the elements captures with AA to be solid enough though; either they don't work at all (no windows matched the query terms), or they are extremely slow before they are identified (when I press highlight to validate captured element). Are there any suggestions for how I can improve performance here? I should also mention that I have some issues attaching to this application as well. All elements caputured so far have been captured after launching the application, not through attaching to it. When attaching, it seems to attach to some window lying "under" the window that I want to work with: even if there actually is only one window open... Best regards Maria
3 REPLIES 3

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Active accessibility can be very slow - this is due the underlying size of the application model. If you image Blue Prism trawling through an enormouse tree veiw with evey element in the entire application, that will give you an idea why it can be slow. To speed up the interface, as mentioned by Peter, you should always use Match Index with AA - and experiment to see if Match Reverse being ticked also helps. Match index means that once the element is found Blue Prism stops trawling through the rest of the model looking for duplicates. Other hints for AA include: Untick as many elements as possible, including most of the Parent ones. Tick the Invisible attribute (it seems to work wheras visible and screen visible seem to do nothing). If you are having trouble identifying an element than the Application Navigator option in the identify button could be tried, but it can sometimes take a very long time to build the model tree.

MariaKihlberg
Level 4
Thank you for your replies, they helped me a lot, at leat for most of my cases! However, I have this one element that I need to capture which is a menu. I haven been able to get BP to distinguish the alternatives in the menu from each other: it identifies them all. I have tried using the above suggested attributes including more (e.g. ordinal), but it does not help me. Do you have any suggestions for this situation? Best regards Maria

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
You can set match index to numbers other than 1. So for your menu buttons I presume setting match index to 3 would highlight the third menu button?