cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add an image in email body

AnitejaKota
Level 3
I was wondering how to add an image in an email body. I presume it has to be done in HTML mode but not sure of the detailed steps as to how to achieve that. Can anyone help me on this? Thanks in Advance  
3 REPLIES 3

AmiBarrett
Level 12
Correct, it should be done in HTML mode. Assuming you have a VBO that is HTML-compliant and have it set to use it instead of plain-text, build your e-mail like you would a web page. You can get away with only keeping it within what would have otherwise been in the tags. Please note that since this is HTML, the image is expected to be on a server accessible by your recipient, rather than an attached file. Ex: This is text. Please refer to the screenshot below.

AmiBarrett
Level 12
(I wish there was an edit button for non-opening posts!) Did some digging. Looks like if you can convert the image to a base-64 string, you can also embed it that way.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6706891/embedding-image-in-html-email 
Base64 Online - base64 decode and encode

AmiBarrett
Level 12
Fair warning if you do this. I wrote a code stage to handle it, so I could bypass going to that second web page. While the automation engine and code stage is more than happy running with the data (and quite fast),  Blue Prism will attempt to crash if you manually open up the variable and look at the value if it's too large. I used a 1600x900 png screenshot to test with.   Side note to Blue Prism devs: Can we get an actual 64-bit build of Automate.exe? Please?