cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional alerts for scheduled processes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Since this is supposed to be "unattended" automation, I feel that there is a lack of control and alerts around scheduled processes. There is currently no way of creating an automated alert should a scheduled process fail to start at the allotted time due for example to a missing resource (eg. resource PC unavailable or missing/lack of available license). This means that if a process fails to start unless someone is positively confirming processes have started in control room it could get missed. Similarly it would be good if it was possible to set up automated alerts for overrunning processes. Whilst I know it is possible to add something to the process to send an alert, there are scenarios where the a process can get stuck in a loop etc. In this scenario there may be no alert from the process itself as if it is stuck in a loop it may never reach the steps to check how long it has been running for.
1 REPLY 1

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Hello, I think there is an option in Blue Prism Alerts to get an alert from a schedule. Also the Application Server logs issues (including I think schedular issues) to the Windows Event logs which can be monitored using software such as Splunk. Also v6 has an improved control room where non-responding sessions are better highlighted. As for processes getting stuck in a loop that is only theoretically possible if best practices are followed and peer reviews not done. Your peer reviews should include checks for logic that loops back in a flow to a previous point to ensure a counter has been added. Beyond that - there is a data sheet in the product area of the portal about monitoring.