cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AngularJS HTML and inconsistent/unstable processes

MikeWright2
Level 3
Hi All, Background: We have a process that requires us to enter data into an HTML table implemented with AngularJS.  About 1000 fields to populate from a Spreadsheet.   Issue The vendor we're working with indicated the way the AngularJS/HTML table was implemented that the automated process would take too long to automate using out-of-the-box Blue Prism, and that the process would be far too unstable.   Proposed fix Automate the process in Blue Prism exclusively in C#.NET, because C#.NET has access to the data via MVC (Model, View, Controller). --- I would rather stick with a standard Blue Prism approach instead of going down the C#.NET route, but I want to maintain the bot stability. Has anyone come across something similar where data entry to a web page that has been implemented without accessibility in mind caused delays in delivery speed and produced an inherently unstable bot/process? Appreciate any prior experience that would be beneficial. (Note:  I have contacted our pre-sales guy, another vendor, and support who were both surprised that we couldn't just automate the process in Blue Prism and that we were forced to implement primarily using C#.NET) Thanks          
1 REPLY 1

gouthamedara
Level 4
Hi,   I actually had a similar issue with Angular based Web page. And yes, I needed to fill out fields from Excel to the Web page. I was stuck for a week in this due to the compatibility issues. AA mode crashes when BP spies on this Web page. I tried to Contact BP and everything. Finally I had to use Out-Of-The-Box way to deal with it. The application I worked on changes the View based on selection from Drop down. I used Surface Automation to deal with it. Specifically using TAB to navigate between fields. So I measured the number of times I need to use TAB for each field I need to Enter. I actually SUCCESSFULLY implemented a solution and it has been rock steady. As per your description I am assuming you have a ton of fields to populate. NOTE: Using alt-alt-Tab will get you to the first field in the Webpage (%-%-TAB). From there you can navigate based on Criteria. Its definitely worth a try. All the best.